My Step son, my love?

Hey Guys! Thanks for the support! I hope you guys enjoy the next chapter!!

Let me hear your thoughts!

A month has passed after the meeting at the restaurant and John came here at least once a week and he was definitely flirting with me. At first I thought kind of disgusting; come on! the guy was twice my age! But after getting to know him, I kind of liked? Not in the 'I'm so in love with you' way of course,I don't believe in love, but it was nice to have someone to talk about my day, my work even my sister, not the whole story, just mentions about her and what not. He was a good friend for me and I felt taken care of.This feeling it was new for me. I've been taking care of myself an my baby sister forever and have someone to do it for you it was nice. More than nice.

One day, John came to the Diner, and was straight forward:

"Hey beautiful, I want to ask you something." I smiled at him, like always waiting.

"Sure." He looked at me with his hazel eyes and smiled. "I want have dinner with you. What about tomorrow at 8?" I was speechless. I liked him, of course, he was a friend, a nice one, but date him? I don't think so..

"Look, I know what you're thinking, but I like you, you're real, not those bimbos that I'm used to. I know that they only want my money and you're not. I don't know why, but I want to get you know you better. I'm not a moron to think that you're in love with me and I know that you're not in love with me Kate." Now I was speechless for real! He basically asked me to date him knowing that i didn't like him like that and was fine with it! Really?

"Errr..Okay?"

"Great. Give me your address and I'll pick you up tomorrow."

"I think is better if we meet here first John. My house is really far away." Try the other side of the town.

"Nonsense Kate! This will be a proper date! I'll pick you up." I gave up knowing that was a lost battle.

"Okay..Let me grab a pen and I'll write the address." I went back to the counter and wrote down the address. If he wanted to know me, he should know about my "almost house" right?

"Than you Kate, I'll see you tomorrow at eight. Put a dress on okay?" He left after that leaving me stunned with a date for tomorrow with a guy who could be my father!

Friday finally came and I wasn't looking forward for the date. I wasn't anxious, I didn't have butterflies or was sweating...It was something normal for me. I put a black strapless dress, reaching above my knees, a little make up on, some earrings, styled my hair in a messy bun and that was it. At 8 sharp John ring the doorbell.

"Hello Kate, you look stunning tonight. May I escort you to the car?" He took my hand and guided me to the black limo waiting for us.

"Wow! a limo John? Really?" He smiled

"Yes.I didn't feel like driving tonight and Blake borrowed my Mercedes, because he had a date with an 'old chick' as he said." I couldn't hide my surprise.

"Blake? who's Blake?" John opened the door for me and I got in.

"I never told you about Blake? He is my son. He's working at my company too. He was in Europe for the last 2 years doing an internship, he's 24 and lives with his mother. We were married for 12 years, but let's just say that I feel like changing the air." I glared at him with such bad comment about a marriage. One of the motives that I'll ever get married.

"Wow John, such a gentleman! Did you really tell me that you cheated on his wife in our first date?" He laughed hard and said:

"Beautiful Kate, I already told you that you're different. I don't see any need in make up some story for you to impress you."

"Glad to know that we're in the same page then." I smiled at him, knowing that the date will be harmless.

We reached to the destination and i was stunned with the place. it was on top of a building and john had closed for us,'more privacy' he said.

The service was perfect, the food amazing and the company was great too. John was a funny guy.

"Tell me more about you Kate. I know about your mother, father and sister, but I never saw her around the diner. She's living with you right?" He knew about my mom's death but I didn't tell any details.

"No John.." I left in the air for him to get the drift that I didn't want to talk about it.I liked him, but I didn't want to open my life ike this.

"Kate. I can help you. I want to help you, but you have to let me in a little bit darling." He could help me? how? I was really ready to let anyone in? It couldn't hurt right?I sighed. Let's try.

"John, when my mother died, I was 22 and she was 10. My mom didn't leave anything for us, only unpaid bills. We lived in a small apartment and I couldn't afford to pay the rent or the bills by myself. A week after my mom died the social services came and informed me that they didn't find any relatives so my sister was being placed in foster care until I proved that I could take care of her. I've been saving for the past year only to prove them that I can take care of my baby sister, but there's a family who wants to adopt her an I don't know what to do anymore!" I couldn't stop the words, it felt good to open up to somebody about it. He was looking at me thinking really hard about what I told him.

"Kate, as I told you before, I'm not expecting anything from you and I'll help you."

"I don't want you money or any help of that kind John. Thanks but no thanks.You're an amazing guy and nice but I don't want it." Call me stubborn, proud or whatever but I didn't want to owe any favors to anyone.

"I figured that were going to say that. But I'm not talking about this Kate.." Now I was confused. What the heck he is talking about?

"Huh? what you're talking about it then?" He looked at me and dropped the bomb:

"Kate, will you marry me?"