(A.N: It's just the dress that she's wearing. The model has nothing to do with the story)

The maid braided two pieces of my hair to form a crown around my head, she allowed the rest of my hair to fall straight down my back on over my shoulders. She huffed once finished and I had to glance up at her with a questioning look why had she sounded so dissatisfied? Seeing my questioning stare she spoke. "Your rosary doesn't match the dress" She said in almost a pout. I was about to reply when another voice spoke before me. "No need to worry about that, she'll not be wearing it tonight, right Rachel?" It was Reiji. "W-What?" I stuttered unsure if I heard him correctly. "Consider it part of our...experiment" He smirked showing off his piercing white fangs. The maid excused her self, rushing out of the room leaving me and Reiji alone. Reiji was dressed wearing what most young gentlemen would call formal wear, it consisted of black pressed dress pants, a white button-up shirt, however, the top button was undone and he wasn't wearing a tie, on top of that he wore a black 3 button blazer and clean black dress shoes. It was formal with hints of casual, it looked nice.

Reiji approached me swiftly slipping behind me and brushing the hair away from my neck and I don't know why but I let him. He unclasped my rosary, dangling the piece of jewelry in front of me before slipping it into his pocket. "Just for safe keeping" He reassured with a sly smirk. I all of a sudden didn't feel so confident in myself, what would happen tonight? More importantly, what was Reiji planning on making me do? "You look nervous, relax~" He mused, his tone held amusement in it. "How am I supposed to relax with you around?" I voiced. It was more of a statement rather than a question. Reiji smirked hovering over my shoulder next to my ear. "What? Do I....intimidate you~?" He drawled in a low whisper. I flinched away at the feeling of his breath against the skin of my face. "No. you're just...unpredictable. I can't let my guard down around you" I replied simply. He chuckled darkly. "You should never let your guard down" I went to reply but he was quick to add onto to his sentence. "Especially around me" I already took this precaution when I was living with the Sakamaki's. Letting my guard down was like ringing the dinner bell. Vampires like the Sakamaki's pray on the innocent so I took that as a warning.

Reiji was not the playful type, he was the teasing, sinister, Do it my way Type. He was also the Jealous type, he never liked sharing. It took me forever to get him to share his tea with me and when he finally did he poisoned it. This Kid, right! He stopped poisoning me after I started refusing his tea, once I had learned to stop being naive he was satisfied. He didn't have a tolerance for dumb creatures that's for sure. I had to learn that the hard way so you can't blame me for not trusting him completely. "Young Mistress, the Master is waiting for the both of you downstairs" My maid appeared suddenly. "Yes, we're coming" I responded swiftly. As soon as she left I eyed Reiji. "You better behave" I voiced, my tone firm and final. He chuckled pushing up his glasses slightly. "Oh don't worry about me" He mused. That was the last thing either of us said to each other before leaving for the Christmas party at Malfoy Manor.

Time skip...At Malfoy Manor

"Remember to use your manners" ""Yes Father"" Ashley and I replied simultaneously. We arrived at Malfoy Manor by Apparition, so we were able to glance upon the large front entrance of the glorious Manor. As we gracefully walked up the front steps the large double doors magically swung open. It was as if we were recognised as invited guests. A raggedy house elf stood at the door entrance waiting to greet us and show us to the hall where the party was being held. "Welcome Masters and young Misses. Please come this way" The house elf croaked, stumbling in a direction to which we blindly followed. My father's expression upon seeing the house elf was blank. But it didn't take a genius to know he didn't approve of using the creatures for unpaid labour, that's why we paid traditional maids and butlers. However, this was usually frowned upon because the idea was adopted from muggles. But it was better for our family, it was easier keeping track of our staff when they're the same species as us, or should I say the same species as my father and sister. "Please wait here" The little house elf croaked, scurrying off into the crowd of people in the party hall or ballroom if you'd prefer to call it that. "Note their use of house elves, the Malfoy's are very strict about their pureblood lineage" My father commented to Reiji who simply hummed in response.