Chapter Twenty-Six

*Emily’s POV*

I woke up around 10am to hear Brad knocking on Alli’s door.

“Girls, you need to start waking up. We’re going to grab some breakfast and then go to Pastry. Be ready in an hour! Let’s go!”

Once Brad shut the door Alli and I both erupted into a “uuugggghhhhhhh” sound and I heard him laugh from outside the door.

But then, a smile plastered onto my face.

“Alli….” I quietly said.

A muffled “hmmm?” came in reply.

“I might be a Pastry model….”

With that being said, she shot straight up and smiled at me.

“AAAHHH! EMILY! COME ON WE HAVE TO GET READY! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST DAY EVER, I GUARANTEE! MAYBE THEY’LL ASK YOU TO MOVE TO LA. OHMYGOSH, THAT’D BE AMAZING. AND THEN YOU AND CODY COULD GET MARRIED, AND THEN –“

I started laughing at her and cut her off, “Alli, shut up and let me get ready.”

She took a shower as I got some of my things together, and then when she got out we switched and I took a shower.

I had Alli put my hair into a fishtail brad considering I had no idea how to and then by 11am we were ready to go!

“Perfect timing girls,” Brad said as we walked downstairs into the kitchen.

Alli popped her imaginary collar, “well you know.” and we all burst into laughter.

I heard someone come down the steps and realized Cody wasn’t here yet, “Finally Cody! We’ve been waiting for you!” Angie said to him as he walked up to us.

“Sorry, I was planning some… stuff…” Once he said that he smiled and the whole family smiled too. Hmm, they must know what he’s planning then… I wonder what it is…

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Alli saying my name, “Yo Emily!”

“Wha? Huh?” They all laughed at me and I just pouted.

“Come on, we’re leaving.” Alli said to me as they all started walking out the door.

“Oh, okay.” I replied and started walking after them until a certain Aussie boy hugged me from behind, nearly giving me a heart attack.

“Shit Cody! I’m so jumpy, don’t do that!” he just laughed at me as I hit his arm.

“I’m sorry; I just wanted to say that you look nice today.” Cody said as he put his hands on my waist and rested his forehead against mine.

I put my arms around his neck as I blushed and looked down. “Well thank you. You don’t look too bad yourself.” I replied as I bit my lip, now able to take in how attractive he is. Well he’s always attractive, but still.

He put his finger under my chin and tilted my head up, “Are you going to blush every time I compliment you?”

“Probably…” I mumbled as I put my head back down. I hated how shy I was around guys. I blushed at practically everything they said to me.

“It’s not a bad thing. It’s cute actually.”

I looked up as he said that, “Really? I hate it…” I mumbled the last part. I mumble a lot.

“Yes really.” He smirked as he saw me start to blush again, “I love that I can have that effect on you."

I hugged him as I asked, “Why are you so perfect?”