Nineteen

Smut warning

Lauren

Normani didn't take the news well to say the least. It honestly seemed tougher on her than it was on me. But that was expected right? I had lived this way my entire life and my value for my life was incredibly different than her value for it. She loved me and I was slipping through her fingers.

Yesterday, I had tried to be angry with her about how she treated Camila but when she locked her arms around me and started to cry, I broke and soon, tears were also rolling down my cheeks.

This was going to be tough on us. The doctors said it's already so close to the end of the month that they couldn't put a more accurate pinpoint on when the cancer would kill me. All I could do was pray that it would get better or at least stop spreading but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Sooner or later, I would be gone, and there was nothing I could do to stop that.

"Normani, I need to go somewhere," I said as I struggled to move beneath the mountain of blankets on top of me. She had her arms knit around me, holding me against her bare body as she slept peacefully.

"You're not supposed to leave," she mumbled, her hands shifting to grip my bare back as I tried to stretch out of her hold.

"I have to go somewhere though. Please let me go."

"After what you did? Nuh uh babe, you're staying right here with me."

She kissed the soft skin below my jaw, her hands coming up to hold the back of my neck as I sighed, trying to resist the temptation.

"I told you it wasn't mine," I whispered, rolling over so I was faced away from her. That didn't stop her kisses though, she moved on to kissing the tattoo on the back of my neck as she pressed her naked body against mine.

"Then who's was it?" She asked but I didn't answer. I wasn't going to tell her. I wasn't going to tell anyone. I told the person that I would do it and that didn't work. I didn't need her getting beat with the chancla too.

"Mani please let me up," I begged, still trying to pull away.

"Just let me love you," she whined as I turned my head, her lips coming off of my shoulder. She looked down at me and I let her lean down to kiss me, her long curly hair draping on one side of her neck. "Just stay with me in bed today," she whispered, tracing patterns on my abdomen with one hand as I sighed and pulled away, gazing into her deep brown eyes.

"I have things to do."

"Like what?"

"I have to go apologize to my friend." Normani clearly looked annoyed as I managed to get out of bed, shivering at how cold it felt to not be covered in fluffy blankets with her arms around me.

"You don't have to. You could stay here. With me."

"I also have to go meet Royce for breakfast to catch up."

"You can reschedule."

"Normani I'm going. We can hang out later." I took an outfit from the closet and went to the bathroom door, looking at her as she sat up and watched me. Her eyes flickered down my body and I shook my head, motioning for her to come with me.

I rolled my eyes as my girlfriend practically jumped out of bed and trailed after me, getting into the shower with me as I reached down and grabbed the soap bar that had fell to the bottom. Normani's hands gripped my waist tightly as I came back up, holding me against her tightly.

One of her hands turned the shower on, her other hand pushing down below my abdomen against my stomach. The water spurted from the nozzle and I leaned back into her as I became wet.