Solo Cups and Cigarettes

Kayden's POV

I swigged down the last of my beer, rolling over on my stomach. My best friend coughed awkwardly on the other end of our skype call.

"What number is that?" She asked, chewing her gum obnoxiously. I turned the can over, looking at the label. Shrugging I toss it to the side.

"Three." I said nonchalantly, standing up and wobbling over to my mini fridge. I pulled out another can of miller lite and popped it open, the fizz tickling my fingers. I take a nice big swing, wiping off the extra bubbles on my top lip.

"I can hear your liver screaming 'No more no more I can't take it!'" She smiled, giggling pretty hard. Zayne is my best friend and partner in crime. Whenever I do something stupid, she's there. When my mother passed, she was instantly there for me, basically becoming my mother. She's helped me through everything and I couldn't be more grateful for her. I just don't show it a lot.

"Ya ya whatever." I said, taking another big swing and jumping on my bed.

"You won't be saying 'whatever' when your dead." She said, making a slapping motion with her hand. I sighed and put the rest of the beer can away for later.

"Happy?" I asked, sitting criss-cross in front of my laptop.

"If only you could do that three beers ago." She said, pulling out a book. I rolled my eyes and flopped over. Laying on my side. The beer slowly starting to kick in.

"You know it's only five o'clock right?" She asked.

"Yep *hic*"

"Your so dumb."

"No you are!"

"No you are!"

"No y-" I was just about to finish my sentence when a loud crash echoed through my house.

"Looks like your dad's home." Zanye stated, giving me a look of sympathy. I just shrug it off, grabbing my fourth beer can and swigging it down. She just looked at me weird and keep popping her gum in her mouth. I tried not to show that I was terrified of my dad, but she sees through everything.

"Your being so loud right now." I stated, giving her a strange look.

"I know your dad scares you, you don't have to pretend." She stated, playing with her phone.

"Well then distract me with music and not with your obnoxious chewing." I stated, walking over to my speaker, I plug in my old as iPod and click on my favorite playlist. After a short while, Zayne puts down her book and the two of us are jumping up and down to BTS.

"So when does your brother come back?" Zayne asked, sitting on her bed and grabbing her cigarette pack. Pulling on out of the stack, she reaches over to her nightstand and grabs a bright green lighter. She lights it and takes a smoke.

"You yell at me for my drinking problem but your the one rotting your lungs away!" I yell, laughing at her expression. She's such a hypocrite.

"We all have our flaws." She stated, taking another long drag of smoke.

"Anna is going to kill you." I stated, taking another sip of my beer.

"She already wants to kill me." Zayne stated sadly, looking towards her door. Anna is her foster mother and she's so sweet but very hard with her kids. She wants what's best for her kids even if they hate her and I respect that.

"My brother comes back next week." I said, looking out my old rusty window.

"He plans on going to Harvard correct? Man he's so smart, what happened to you?" She joked, making me smile.

"That's a very good question." I stated, throwing the beer can into the garbage across the room. When I missed it, I just shrugged and laid back on my bed. We had a great and much appreciated moment of silence until my door bursts open. I look over to see my dad with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a solo cup in another.

"W-what's up." I asked, Zayne looking panicked on the other end. I've seen this before, normally it's just a couple hits and then he gets bored and leaves. Hopefully it's not any worse.

"C-come here you *hic* fag." He said, grabbing me by my white hair and throwing me across my room.

"Zayne don't call the cops." My dad states, walking over towards me. Zayne hangs up right after, leaving me alone with my father. He just stares down at me, taking another swig of vodka before kicking me in my stomach. Zayne was right, I'm regretting those beers because right now I feel like throwing them up. I clutch my stomach while my father grabs my hair once more, pulling me up on my feet to look him right in the eyes.

"I can't wait till you burn in hell." He spat in my face, I just smirked.

"Can't wait for you to join me."

That, I have to admit, was a great comeback but I just got me another punch to the face. Thankfully, that's all I got because he got bored easily and went back to his 'man cave'. I slowly get up off the ground, dusting myself off and walking into my small bathroom. I grab the first aid kit and apply an anti bruising cream so it will hopefully go away by tomorrow morning. After I finish brushing my teeth and putting on my pajamas, I slide into bed, wanting to try to get enough sleep to not hate tomorrow because tomorrow is the Monday. Starting off another week of hell.

--------
Decided to finally start a boyxboy book! I hope you enjoy because I can tell this book is going to be filled with a lot of sassy remarks and tears.

~Lo ;)