- a -

It started with a fling their eighth year. They ran into each other one day in Myrtle's bathroom. Emotions were high. Their silence was louder than anything else. When they finally made contact it wasn't with fists or spells, but kisses and soft caresses and whispers of "I've always wanted you."

It went on for months. The secret dates and midnight rendezvous. By the end of eighth year they had become the it-couple. Not even they knew how it happened.

--:--

Harry had never expected himself to fall for Malfoy, that was for sure, but they had been together for 3 years now and he couldn't see his life without the blonde. The knock on his door was sudden.

"Potter, if you aren't dressed in 5 minutes I'm leaving you!"

"Wait! My robes got tangled again."

"You've been wearing them since school, we've only been out for two years. No way you've always been this dense," Draco pushed the door open and smiled as he examined his darker skinned boyfriend. He reached a hand out and fixed the robes on instinct before smiling down at Harry and placing a kiss on the hand he had pulled away from the fabric around his neck. "You look very handsome, now can we go?"

Harry laughed but nodded as he closed their bedroom door behind them and tried to stand up straighter.

"I can't even stay for your audition I have an appointment with the healer about the bludger incident, so why do I have to be so dressed up," he said whining as he put his arms out to the side as it to emphasize how uncomfortable he felt.

"Because you're escorting me in first and I have to give them a good impression so they can approve me for the muggle auditions."

The ravenette smiled. Draco was trying to be a Muggle musician, because they had had enough of the wizarding world. At least for the most part. They even lived in Muggle England, but if these wizarding-preliminary auditions went well they would be on their way to New York in America. The preliminaries were mostly to check that Malfoy's performance did not include magic or break any international secrecy laws.

"And anyway," continued the blonde with a smirk. "You get a bludger to the head almost every time you play quidditch at the Burrow. What's so different this time?"

"Well this time i wanted to be there for you. But you went and arranged the audition at the same time as my appointment."

"You make me nervous, I don't want anything to blow this for me. Especially thinking of you actually blowing me."

Harry chuckled because he remembered the last time he and Draco had to give a speeches in public. Everything was going great. As always Draco spoke with an elegance that was rivaled by none, but when Harry smiled at him the blonde couldn't help but blush and stutter through the rest of it.

"It isn't funny, Potter!" Draco said smacking his arm."Let's go."

"Yes, sir," mumbled the brown skinned man as he looped an arm around Draco's waist and apparated them to the theatre. Once they had landed and he had taken a moment to calm his heart rate he tightened his grip slightly and smiled up at his boyfriend as they walked down a glimmering carpet towards the line of people preparing for their turn. No one turned to stare at them, well no more than usual, as they exchanged kisses and hugs.

"Meet me at home," murmured the blonde and Harry nodded then leaned up and made a show of kissing his cheek. He always knew how to make the blonde smile.

"You're going to do great. I'm sure of it." He walked back outside the edge of the theater's apparation ward before heading to St. Mungos. He walked up to the counter which, luckily, wasn't very crowded today. "Hey Quincy," he spoke to the smiling guy behind the tall counter like an old friend. "I'm here to see-"