Chapter 15: She Deserves Everything

THIS STORY IS SOOOOO CLOSE TO THE END!! NOOOO :( this'll be the last happy chapter you'll get out of this storyy :( ahh!

-I'd wait to be saved-
Alessia Cara

 I awoke to the alarming sound of my phone. I groaned in frustration of me having to get up. I turned my body to face my phone. I turned it off and shoved my face into my pillow. It was only 8:00am, yet it felt like it was 4:00am.

  Out of the blue, my door swung open. I looked up, and it was Rose. She turned on the light; I squinted.

  "Get up, get up. Nikki, get up! It's Black Friday!" she said as she pulled my blanket off me, throwing it on the floor. She was wearing a blue floral dress, with her hair pulled up into a high ponytail.

  I sighed, pulling my knees up to my face while wrapping my arms around my legs, freezing. 

  "I wanna go," she pleaded.

  "Okay, okay. I'm getting up," I said as I stretched my arms out.

  "Hurry up!" demanded Rose. Her tiny, little voice made it sound more like her begging than her demanding for me to hurry up.

  "Yeah, yeah," I responded.

  With that, she left my bedroom. 

  I rubbed my eyes with my palms. I rolled to the side of the bed, grabbed my phone, and sat up.

  Since the weather was supposed to be really nice with no rain today, I decided to wear a pair of black tights, a white tank top, a thin jean jacket, and a pair of white Converse, putting my wavy hair into a half-up half-down hairstyle.

  I heard yet another knock on my door.

  "Come in," I said as I was applying my mascara.

  "We're leaving" Bailey said. "Like, right now, 'cause everyone -Alexis, Emma, Kyle, Luke--Lucas, whatever his name is - is already downstairs, so, yeah."

  I looked over at her, and she was wearing jeans and a flowy white blouse.

  "His name is Lucas, and I'm coming," I replied.

  "All right." 

  I put the tube of mascara on my vanity and grabbed my handbag filled with money, and I walked out of my room, turning the light off when I left.

  I saw Alexis, Emma, Lucas, and Kyle as I walked into the living room.

  "Hey," I said.

  "Come on," Alexis said, not looking at me. She got up from the couch and walked to the door, Emma following her. Lucas and Kyle got up as well.

  I followed them outside and onto the driveway. We got into my mom's six seat SUV. Although the drive to 10th street was only eighteen minutes, it felt like the longest car in the history of long car rides. It felt like we were driving non-stop to Boston, to be honest. 

  I surprisingly great time there with everyone. My best friends, an okay family, and me, the weird kid sitting in the back of the class. When I ran away, it felt like what it did when I met this girl in kindergarten, who I can say was one hundred times more worse than Sarah. She pushed my cat in the road, and I will never forgive her. She stole twenty bucks from me. She used to push me off the swing set. Whenever I went on the slide, she would come on right after me and bump into me as we were going down. I hate her so much. She cannot be forgiven for what she did. Sarah didn't do that. Sarah wouldn't do that. Sarah would steal everyone else's thunder. At least that wasn't as bad as everything that that girl did to me. Her name was Alexandra; I can't forget that name. She was five years older than me. Couldn't she learn to pick on someone her own size? 

  "Hey, Nikki," Lucas said, waking me up from my daze. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

  "Yeah. Yeah, sure," I responded.

  "Alexis, we're just going to talk for a sec. We'll catch up with you guys soon, okay?"

  "All right," she responded, turning herself to face forward.

  He pulled me to the side, away from everyone else.

  "How you doin'?" he asked.

  "I'm fine, really. How are you?"

  "I'm good, actually," he replied. "You know, you were probably expecting more talking."

  "What do you mean?" I asked.

  And he kissed me. And I kissed him back. And I thought to myself how every single thing - all the pain, despair, regret - that's happened in the last few months dissolved. Even the fight I had with Rose yesterday just vanished into thin air. The kiss lasted for a long time. 

  But then I realized something.

  I pushed myself away from him and said, "Lucas... Savannah, your girlfriend?"

  "I broke up with her."

  Shock filled my face. "Wait, why?"

  "Because I don't love her; I never did, and I don't want to be with some I don't love. But I love you, Nikki."

  "How? How can you - or anyone, for that matter - love me? It--it doesn't make sense to. I don't deserve you. I'm just an idiot. I'm stupid. I'm selfish," I said, as my eyes started welling up with tears. "I'm ignorant. I'm a coward. And I shouldn't be here alive, at all. I should be dead by now. I don't deserve any of this. You guys tell me I'm fine and I'm okay. But the thing is I'm not. I, not should, want to be de--" I continued saying, as tears streamed down my cheeks.

  He interrupted, putting a hand over my mouth - which made me slightly jump- and yelling, "Stop!" 

  Everyone turned to look at him, but Lucas didn't paying any attention. Instead, he told me, "You deserve every single thing you have. You deserve to be here, to live. And yes, you do deserve me. You deserve everything that there is give you." He took his hand off of my mouth, caressing my cheek.

  I kissed him just for the sake of it. He held on to me tightly as our supposed-to-have-no-meaning kiss deepened. I threw my arms around him. He finally pulled away, and I moved my head to the crook of his neck and sobbed.

  "Lucas," I spoke up. "I'm sorry."

  "For what," he questioned.

  "This, everything."

  "Don't be."

  I looked up at him and kissed him.

  He eventually pulled away and said, "I guess I can call you my girlfriend now."

  I snickered. "Yes, indeed."

--------------------

oh my god i haven't updated in like twenty yearsssgmw klem kwmhokm

but i just did, so HAH

story sooooooooo close to ending and you'll be shocked at the ending hehee

PUBLISHED: Wednesday, June 21st, 2017

SONG: Four Pink Walls
ARTIST/BAND: Alessia Cara
ALBUM: Seventeen
2015

WORD COUNT: 1133