Chapter 3

School always spelt trouble for me, reason being the teachers also…well…didn’t really like my quiet demeanor.  Or let’s say…the fact that I had black hair, unlike those stereotypical blonde cheerleaders.  

Stereotypical, I know, okay? “Jess! Jess, wait up!” Chaz yelled as I walked out the building. What? Did he just call me or…Wait, he just did, right?

Nah, he didn’t. He did! No….he didn’t.  Of course he didn’t, we are still on school grounds! And besides, he probably had better, fun-er things to do and take care of, rather than be seen with me in public. I mean we’re best friends and all but for the sake of his reputation, we’ll just have to keep things under wraps. No biggie. 

“Jess, Jess wait!”  I turned around to see who that idiot that dared call me was.  Oh, so it was Chaz. Somebody shoot him in the face, for the love of Jesus somebody shoot him!

“Um, hello? What are you doing?! Get back in there! You will not want to be seen here with me!” I said in a harsh whisper, taking big steps.

“Just wanted to give you a ride home, and maybe pick Jamie up on the way.”

“No, you fool! Now go and…go and mingle with your clique come on! Go, go, and go!” I shoved him aside.

Oh hell no,  people were walking towards the car park, where we are now, and I have a sinking feeling that things was going to get really ugly. Ugly beyond belief.

”Hey Chaz! What are you doing with nerdzilla?!”

Shit. Now this is where it all starts…

“Guys, her name isn’t Nerdzilla.” Chaz said.

Fuck.

“Chaz, why the hell do you even care? Why are you even with her? Wait…did she try to capture you and cast a spell on you to make you her biggest, bestest friend in the world?”  Chloe said in a condescending tone.

No….” I breathed,”Pfft he doesn’t know me. I don’t even know him. I just…I…bye now.” I rushed and fled the scene.  Even after a distance, I could hear jeers and people laughing at my (sorta) stupid leaving-the-scene line.

Chloe’s response was hilarious, though. Me trying to cast a spell on Chaz? HAHA I WISH! Ugh I just hate how everything is just not working out for me. Why did I do in my previous life to deserve a life like this?

Exactly. Nothing.