Chapter 2

The first few lessons passed by fast, by the time I noticed it was lunch, I walked out of pre-cal, and walked towards the cafeteria, I scanned through the room and spotted Chaz, at that moment he turned his head to see me and smiled. I smiled back but noticed his friends and the head bitch, Chloe, glaring at me. I immediately frowned and looked away. I scanned the room once more and saw Liam, I broke out into a smile.

I walked in his direction, avoiding the hatred glares that always come my way.

“Hey, Liam.” I said softly at looked up to him. Through his blonde and red hair, I could see his icy blue eyes.

“Hey… I just realize that I don’t know your name.” He smiled and chuckled, his perfect white teeth almost blinded me.

“Oh, I’m Jessy Hasser, Jess for short.” I smiled, we continued making small talk until we got our food, Liam walked towards the popular area of the cafeteria, I nearly screamed, I quickly dragged him away by the hood of his hoodie.

“We do not go there, it isn’t our crowd,” I explained, “those are the populars, unless you’ve already changed into a popular...” I drifted off.

“Oh, no. Popular people make me wanna throw up, then swallow it back, and throw up again.” He made a face.

I laughed uncontrollably, even though it was kinda disgusting, “Okay… Lets go outside to eat then.” I walked out of the cafeteria with the same glares shooting at me still, Liam following closely behind. We got outside and I walked over to my tree, it is literally my tree because I carved my name into it.

I sat down on the soft grass and patted on the spot next to me, telling Liam to sit by me. He kindly obeyed and sat down, placing his bag in-between his legs, and placed his tray of food on his bag, and ate his food.

“How was your day so far?” I asked Liam.

“It was better than I had expected.”

“How so?”

“No one talked to me.”

“And that’s a good thing because..?”

“I don’t like being disturbed.”

“Then why did you let me talk to you?”

“Because, you’re like me.”

“I am aren’t I?”

“Yeah, at least I have one friend.”

“Now I have two.” I muttered softly.

“Two?”

“Yeah, you and Chaz.”

“Chaz?”

“Yeah, he’s my best friend.”

“Where is he then?”

“He’s a popular, so during school hours he’s not likely to be seen with me.”

“And he’s your best friend?”

“Surprised?”

“Yes, actually I am.”

“Everyone is.”

We continued our conversation till the bell rang.

“Wait, come here.” I took a pen knife out of my bag and gave it to him.

“Why the heck are you giving me a pen knife?” He asked, eyes wide open.

“Carve your name into the tree, next to mine, your my only other friend I have, and I wanna make it official.”

“By carving my name into a tree?”

“Just carve.”

He carved his name, Liam Cott, next to mine nicely, he gave me back my pen knife and I put I back into my bag.

“Now our friendship is official!” I shouted.

“Pipe down, people are staring.”

“Liam, there isn’t anyone out here except for us.” There really isn’t anyone out here… Unless there’s a duck staring at us somewhere in the world.

“Well… Yeah.” He sighed in defeat.

“Let’s get to class, what do you have next?”

“Physics.”

“Oh, me too, lets go!” I grabbed my backpack and we headed back into the school.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hayy, its me, SHAN. Joa, thanks for letting me write on your account, haha, I was too lazy to get into mine (; Here's chapter 2, what do you think so far?

-Shan