Chapter 2-Wicked!

I beat the familiar path to Transfiguration class and sat down on the second bench. Hermione came and sat down next to me. She smiled pleasantly and said, "Exciting lesson today!!" I grinned back. We two were most probably the only people who really enjoyed our lessons.

McGonagall swept into the room and gave us a rare smile as she set down her books.

"Today's class is very important, stuff that might probably be tested in the OWL's. Don't say I didn't warn you. Now copy down the spell and methodology everybody. Hurry up now!"

I was in the act of pulling out my quill and turned sideways to see Ron smile at me. My heart leapt into my mouth and I blushed furiously. I fell back to the ground when McGonagall's crisp voice stacatoed again.

"Miss Y/N and Mr. Weasley, stop dawdling. I'm pretty sure you can stare at each other after school hours. Please hurry up now."

The whole class burst out laughing and I put my head down and looked at Ron. He had turned a deep shade of maroon and Harry was nudging him, a playful smile on his face.

Hermione grinned too, and I was surprised. Why was she smiling??

Later on, in the washroom, I asked her the question I'd been yearning to ask these many days.

"Errr.. Hermione, who are you going out with, to the ball??"

She smiled again and said, "Don't breathe a word of it to anyone, won't you?? It's Viktor."

"Viktor?? As in Viktor Krum??" I gaped silently at her, my eyebrows had shot up.

"Yeah..and would you mind coming along to the library at seven today?? We could do that Arithmancy homework together, you know.."

"Sure..." I was still shell-shocked as she left the washroom.

I still had a chance with Ron!! My heart did a silent jig.