Together (10)

"What?!"

She answers him with a sob and he pulls her into a hug to console her.

"It's okay Audrey." He says holding her close trying to make sense of whats going on.

Audrey continues to cry but then realizes that she's actually crying in front of him. She moves out of his grasp and goes to sit down on the couch.

'Audrey, it's okay to cry.." He says sitting down beside her she turns to him with tears in her eyes.

She turns her head, feeling more tears coming on. "I'm okay." She says

"No your not." He says trying to get her to look at him. She looks up, and he motions for her to come to him. She scoots over and he wraps his arms around her as she leans on his chest.

"Now, tell me what happened." he says. She takes a deep breath. "My mom got into a car accident on the highway." He gets a sudden flashback, remembering the block off and seeing pieces of car debris everywhere. She goes on, " It was one of the worst the police have seen. A drunk driver came and hit her from behind, causing her to spiral out of control."

"Damn." Taii says imagining all of the damage and feeling bad.

"And she's in a coma now...." He hears her sniff and he holds her tighter, she breathes in and out from holding in her cries.

"The doctor had to do immediate surgery on her so I couldn't stay and i really don't want to be alone at home right now..."

"You can stay here, I'll sleep on the couch and- "

"No no, I'll sleep on the couch." She says interrupting him trying to get up.

"Nope, I'm sleeping on the couch and I don't want any arguments." He says pulling her back and getting up grabbing her bags and bringing it to his room. She follows him. "Here you go, make yourself comfortable." He says setting her bags down and picking up a few things off of the floor.

She half smiles, "Thanks." She says and he nods leaving the room letting her change. She closes the door and observes the room noticing all of this basketball posters around his room. She changes and lays down immediately falling asleep. Taii grabs some covers out the laundry room but realizes that he left his favorite pillow in his room. He walks to the room and quietly opens the door seeing Audrey cuddled up onto his favorite pillow.

He fights the strong urge to snatch the pillow from under her head then notices her face and how beautiful she looks when she's sleeping even when she's been crying. He admires her beauty for a while then realizes how creepy he's being and grabs another pillow and leaves. He goes back into the living room and lays down on the couch falling asleep.

Tailand is awakened abruptly hearing Audrey crying out in her sleep. He gets up and goes to the room seeing her tossing and turning and he realizes that she's having a bad dream. He rushes to her "Audrey, Audrey." He touches her and shakes her a little. She jumps, waking up screaming and then looks at him with fear in her eyes along with tears.

"It's just a dream Audrey, it's just a dream. It's okay, I'm here." He says rubbing her back as she holds onto him. He notices that she's shaking. He sits on the bed beside her and comforts her "It's okay Audrey, you don't have to be afraid."

"Promise you won't let go." She says softly still shaking

He pauses as his heart flutters a little but holds her tight. "I promise"

She sniffs, "Can you...can you please sleep with me?" She says looking up at him. He hesitantly agrees and stands up looking at her feeling kind of nervous.