Chapter 28 - Selfish

Start from the beginning

I took the handcuff key out of my pocket and unlocked her wrist. Doing so made her slouch over. I picked her up and laid her on my bed.

I had no idea what to do.

"Alex, I need to be alone right now." I said.

"Alright." She said and I heard her walk out of the room and slowly close the door behind her.

-

"Skye, can you hear me?" I asked.

She didn't move. I felt for a pulse. It was a weak, small one, but it was there. She was still clinging to her human self.

Give her the one thing she needs. I thought to myself.

I knew exactly what that one thing is. 

I grabbed a sharp object. 

I have to let Skye drink from me. 

I can drink from her and she can drink from me. I think that she'll be okay once she gets some blood in her. Her soulmate's blood, no less.

I made a small slit on my neck and dropped my neck above her open mouth.

I felt my blood dropping from my neck to her mouth. The question was, how much did she need?

I hovered my neck over her mouth for another minute or so. 

When I brought my head back, I looked at her. Some of the colour had returned to her body. Her fangs were elongated as well.

I felt the wound in my neck start to heal. I sat up and looked at her. She still wasn't awake, but she did look better.

I sat there for a few minutes and just waited.

She didn't wake. I was growing impatient. "Skye," I nudged her lightly.

She stirred. She looked like she was about to wake up. "Skye?" I nudged her again, harder this time.

She didn't move. 

I was starting to get really impatient. Why wasn't she waking?

Just then, her eyes opened. "Nathan?" She said as my face was the first thing that greeted her.

"Morning sleeping beauty." I laughed.

Skye's POV

"What happened?" I held my head.

"Remember when I handcuffed you?" Nathan asked.

"Yeah." I nodded, still just a bit pissed at that.

"Sorry for that." He said.

I nodded. "I remember talking to Alex then abruptly passing out." I said. "Then the strangest thing happened." I said, trying to recall what it was.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I can't remember. It was almost as if it was a dream, but not quite. I can't put my finger on it."

"I had given you some of my blood to wake you up." He said.

I winced. He gave me some of his blood? I didn't even know you could do that; give your soulmate blood. 

"You can do that. You're soulmate's blood is the best tasting among all you may taste." He explained.

That was interesting. I wonder how mine tastes. 

Since I wasn't awake to taste his, I wonder how it tastes. Not that I ever would, I'm just curious. That actually sounds rather disgusting.