Chapter 13 - Soulmate?

Skye's POV

Once i'd made it home, I collapsed on my bed. I really wish the bus driver hadn't said that Siva was into me. Now it's got me thinking.

I don't think Siva does though. I mean, I don't like him back. I love him like he's family, but it never has been more than that. I just don't feel that way about about him.

Because I know for a fact, that I like Nathan.

Yeah, it took me a while to really think it over. What can I say? I have to really know if I like a boy. I just don't decide. I think it over. And I think that I like Nathan in that way. But the feeling probably isn't even mutual. I'm not gonna get my hopes up. 

It would be nice, though.

Just then, I got a new text on my phone. It was from Alex.

Alex - Awww! You and Siva looked so cute on the bus together!!

Me - What do you mean...?

Alex - While you were asleep. You were sleeping on Siva's shoulder and he was holding you. It was too cute

Me - Did you happen to take a picture?

Alex - Erm...no...

Me - Don't lie. Yes you did

Alex - Okayy fine!

Me - Send it.

I waited a couple of moments and the picture popped up. I was asleep on Siva's shoulder and he was holding me. At first glance, you'd think we were a couple.

Me - Why do you say it's cute

Alex - Is it not obvious already?!

Me - ...

Alex - Siva is in love with you Skye!!

I rolled my eyes. Here we go again.

Me - Noo he's not

Alex - Oh my god Skye he is 

Me - Proof?

Alex - He told me! He told me and Jay.

Me - How long has he been?

Alex - How long have we all known each other?

Me - I've known you for 9 years, Siva and Jay for 8.

Alex - He said he's been in love with you since a couple years ago.

Me - So he's been feeling this way for a while?

Alex - Pretty much

Me - This is crazy..

Alex - You CANNOT tell him I told you. He made me swear to not tell but you know me...

Me - I still find it unbelievable

Alex - He wanted to tell you before but then you met Nathan and became friends with him...

Me - So this is real

Alex - Why wouldn't it be

Me - Maybe because one of my best friends of 8 fucking years is in LOVE with me!

Alex - Come on, we all saw that coming. And just pretend you don't know.

Me - How do you propose I do that?

Alex - Idk! Just..don't say a word!

Me - I gotta go...i'll ttyl.

I sat my phone down after that. This is all too crazy. I just now realize my feelings for Nathan and I find out that Siva is in love with me!

What else could go wrong?

I received a new text from Nathan just then.

Nathan - Ello!

Me - Hey...

Nathan - Something wrong?

Me - Nah, just tired

Nathan - Ohh I see...whatcha doing?

Me - Not much, sitting at home

Nathan - Ah. Hey my friend noticed your friend looking at him today

Me - Oh yeah..she likes him.

Nathan - Funny thing..he likes her! He thinks she's cute.

Me - Nice! We should hook them up

Nathan - Definitely

Me - She was going on and on about how cute he was.

Nathan - I guess the feeling is mutual between the two huh?

Me - I guess so

I waited for Nathan's reply and sat my phone down after that. I soon found myself falling asleep after a few minutes.

Nathan's POV

I can't believe it. Skye might be my soulmate!

I'm actually really, really happy about that.

I couldn't tell if she was my soulmate or not at first. Vampires never can. They have to get close to that person, then see if they feel a certain way about them. I felt a certain way about Skye from the beginning, the only difference between then and now, is at first we hated each other.

And I didn't even hate her. Something in me just made me so mad at her time after time after time. 

But now, we haven't been friends long and I think i'm in love with the girl.

It's too crazy.

How is it that her very presence makes me...excited, sort to say.

The scent of her blood is the base equivalent of ecstasy.

What does all of it sound like?

Soulmate.

But, I've got this feeling. That there could be a lingering chance that this feeling is just lust. And whether it is or whether it isn't, well, I don't want to think about that right now.