Chapter 9 - Different

Skye's POV

We were having a great time at the carnival. I was having an amzing time with Nathan. He's a pretty funny and cool person.

I can tell that he's not like all the other dickheads who've entered and exited my life. 

I think I may like him. I can't tell for sure yet though! I mean, I think I do, but we only just became friends and this is the first time hanging out with each other. I want to make sure this is my true feeling and it's not just lust. If it's even that.

-

After a bunch of game-playing and me beating him at most of them, we left the carnival. 

"That was fun." I said as we walked home.

"Yeah it was. Except for when you beat me all those times." Nathan laughed.

"Don't be a sore loser, Nath." I laughed. That's my new nickname for him.

"I am not a sore loser! I just can't believe a girl beat me in so many games." He laughed.

"I'm not like other girls." I said.

"I know. And I like that about you." He nudged me and smiled. I felt myself smile at that. He likes me because i'm different. That i'm not like the other girl's that he has met.

"You're pretty different yourself." I spoke.

"I get that often." He nodded.

"Different is good. And in my case, It means you probably aren't a dickhead like every other guy i've ever met." I laughed. With the exception of Siva and Jay. 

He smiled at me. His green eyes sparkled as he smiled. His smile is so genuine and caring, you can tell by just looking at him.

Stop!

Oh my gosh, I really have got to stop this. The things I think of him aren't anything, they're just compliments. This doesn't mean that I like him or anything like that. I don't feel any certain way about him or anything. 

Or..do I?

Nathan's POV

I'm really starting to like Skye. She's pretty amazing. 

I wonder how her blood tastes...

Wait! What am I doing! I'm not supposed to be thinking about biting her! 

I shouldn't be thinking of that right now. I do kind of want to bite her, but at a later time, when I can tell her that i'm a vampire. If that time ever comes.

"How about that song you were gonna have me sing?" Skye asked suddenly.

"Oh yeah!" I remembered.

"So what song do you have in mind?"

"I'm still trying to think of one." I pondered.

I didn't want to give her a song that had too many high notes or anything like that. She said to not do that.

"You're taking too long." She said in a high tone.

"Just calm down!" I laughed.

"I have a song in mind now." She shrugged.

"Well, let's hear it." I said.

Her and I stopped walking. 

"Okay but keep in mind, i'm really really shy about this so it may not be my best." She warned.