Chapter Eight

I entered the small cafe that was a few minutes away from my flat. The smell of coffee made me feel a bit more calmed down as I took a seat at a small table by the far window. 

I picked up the little beverage menu that was placed on the table top and scanned through it, different names of fancy teas and lattes filling my head.

"Can I get you something?" I heard a lady's voice say beside me. 

"Yeah, could I just get a mint tea, please? No milk or anything," I replied, looking up to see an old woman smiling at me, her white hair pulled up into a loose bun on top of her head. Her ancient looking round glasses that sat on top of her nose glinted from the slight sunlight flooding through the window. She nodded her head a turned away, heading back towards the front counter across the room.

I stared at the wall and let my thoughts wander. I felt guilty for getting angry at Louis. He had just gotten back from a 6 month move and I treated him like shit. But, I quickly shoved that thought out of my head. He was the one who decided to lose touch with me when he left, I actually tried to call him. Lots.

The lady returned with a steaming white mug, the delicious minty smell radiating off of it. She carefully placed it in front of me, and I pulled out a bit of spare change from my pocket, handing it to her. She took the money from me, smiling politely before disappearing once again.

I felt my phone vibrate twice in my pocket, signalling that I had a text message. I pulled it out and unlocked it, heading straight to my messages. An unknown number appeared at the top, but I immediately knew it was Niall. I had forgotten to add his name.

 My heart fluttering a bit, I opened the message. Underneath where the message I had sent myself off his phone this morning was another one.

From: Unknown Hey, is your cut feeling alright? It's Niall by the way x

I smiled, adding his contact in before replying. I wasn't sure if I should have put some sort of emoticon, so I just left his name blank.

To: Niall Yeah it is. It's not bleeding anymore. Thanks for everything .x

My fingers played over the keyboard a bit, wondering if I should delete the .x or not. But he did first, so I just decided to go with it and pressed send anyways. I waited for a few minutes before my phone went off again. I didn't hesitate to unlock it, almost feeling excited to talk to him again.

From: Niall No problem Harry :) Are you done with whatever you had to do?

I felt my heart rate speed up, making me scowl at myself. Damn, what is happening to me? My thumbs danced over the touch screen for a moment before replying back with a simple 'yeah,' trying to keep casual. I watched the little symbol come up, telling me that he was typing back. Soon, another message came through.

From: Niall Where are you now?

What? Why would he ask that? Does he want to come see me? A million questions raced through my mind. I shook them out of my head and quickly replied, my eyebrows furrowing slightly at the screen

To: Niall Flat White on Berwick. Why, what's up?

I watched the blue text message I sent, seeing as the little delivered turned to read underneath it. I silently thanked Apple for creating iMessage, chuckling quietly to myself. I noticed he wasn't typing, making more questions run through my mind.

Is that it, is he just not going to reply now? Maybe he's on his way here. But why would he come here just to see me? He just saw me this morning. He probably just got distracted. Yeah, that's it. Just read it then something came up, that's why he's not replying.