Chapter 5

News of a girl inside the castle spread very fast with the help of Cogsworth and Lumiere. Everyone was really excited of seeing another person inside the castle. They were also excited that she might be the one they've all been waiting for. She might be the one who can break the curse and turn them into their normal human selves.

The beast entered the dining room to eat his dinner. When he sat on the table, he saw that the entire dining set was also prepared on the other side of the table. He was outraged and sought out Lumiere and Cogsworth.

"You're making her dinner?" He growled.

Both Cogsworth and Lumiere were scared onto see their master mad at them. "We thought that you might appreciate the company," Lumiere said.

"M-master, I just want to assure you that I had no part of this hopeless plan. Preparing her dinner, designing a gown for her, giving her a suite in the East Wing," Cogsworth listed everything that Lumiere did.

"You gave her a bedroom?" The beast was now outraged.

"No no no. He gave her a bedroom," Cogsworth pointed at Lumiere.

"This is true," Lumiere admitted. "But if this girl is the one who can break the spell then maybe you can stop by using dinner to charm her. Good thinking Cogsworth!" Lumiere said.

"What!?" Cogsworth was now confused.

"That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard! Charm the prisoner," he mocked.

"But you must try master," Lumiere said. "With every passing day we become less human."

"She's the daughter of a common thief! What kind of person do you think that makes her?"

"Oh you can't judge people by who their father is, can you," Mrs. Potts said.

The beast grumbled and walked towards the East Wing with the others. He was supposed to invite her to dinner. That's what he did but he did it in a hostile way. He banged on her door and commanded her to join him for dinner.

He was told by Mrs. Potts to be a little gentle since the girl lost both her father and freedom in one day. They thought that Belle was too frightened to move but they were wrong. Belle took all of the cloth she could find and tied them up together so that she could use them to climb down. She heard him knock again only gentler this time.

"Just a minute," she said.

Everyone was glad with Belle's response, thinking that she was somehow warming up to them. They told the beast to be gentle and they even tried for him to smile but his smile wasn't really that nice. The beast just cleared his throat and faced the door.

"Will you join me for dinner?" He asked.

"You've taken me as your prisoner and now you want to have dinner with me," Belle said with her voice rising. "Are you insane!"

The beast lost his temper and banged on Belle's door again. "I TOLD YOU TO JOIN ME FOR DINNER!"

"And I told you no! I'd starve before I'd ever eat with you," she snapped at him.

"WELL BE MY GUEST! GO AHEAD AND STARVE!" The beast faced Lumiere and gave him a command that he wish that he would follow. "If she doesn't eat with me, she doesn't eat AT ALL!" He yelled. "IDIOTS!" He said stomping away.

The beast stomped all the way into the West Wing. He was really irritated on how Belle could be so impossible but a small part of him admired her for her bravery. He just scoffed and thought that the tone of her voice might be different if the door wasn't in between them. He barged inside his room and took the mirror that was beside the rose that the enchantress have him.