Trusting in Truth

En başından başla

"Well good morning sleeping beauty" Blake said flashing her his dimpled smile.

"Good morning handsome, why didn't you wake me...I would have joined you!" Gwen says winking at him

"For exactly that reason darlin'; had I woken you up I would've asked you to shower with me and you know we would not be taking an actual shower for a while. Since we have a BBQ to get to I figured this was a better plan" he states winking right back at her.

"Yeah you are probably right babe...good choice...but how about a rain check?"

"Always darlin'!!!"

Blake finishes getting dressed as Gwen showers and when she exits she comes out in only her towel. "Babe...can you grab me the jeans and stuff I left on the bed please?"

Blake turns to her and his jaw drops "Sunshine that is not playing fair there...you can't do this to me" he says uncomfortably adjusting himself.

He grabs the clothes and walks up Gwen. He drops the clothes on the chair next to her, pulls her into him so she feel exactly what she is doing to him. He grinds against her, leans in close to her ear and whispers "you, my dear, are playing with fire...just wait until we get home later tonight...all bets are off!"

"Promises, promises Cowboy!" Gwen says as he turns to walk away; laughing as he shakes his head while exiting the room.
............................................

Gwen and Blake finish getting everything ready with Dot and Endy's help for the barbecue. Blake has started the grill and Gwen is putting the finishing touches on the pasta salad. Dot and Endy have the snacks and dessert under control. Every time Blake comes into the kitchen he makes it a point to brush up against Gwen sending her a message that he is just waiting for her for later and every time he does she throws her head back and laughs as he steals a kiss or two.

The doorbell rings and Gwen goes to answer it. Patti and Dennis are waiting with a bottle of wine and some sunflowers for Gwen and Blake.

"Mom..Dad...hi" Gwen says excitedly "please come in.

"Hello dear...what a beautiful home you have set up here" Patti says as Gwen gives her a quick tour of downstairs.

As they enter the kitchen Dot and Endy stop what they are doing to go through introductions just as Blake comes in from the back yard.

"Dot, Endy....these are my parents Patti and Dennis Stefani." Gwen makes a gesture to her parents and continues "Mom and Dad...this is Dot, Blake's mom and Endy his sister...she designs jewelry and it is gorgeous!"

"Thank you Gwen...it is a pleasure to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Stefani" Endy says confidently. "Yes it is a pleasure to meet you both. You have a wonderful daughter" Dot adds.

"Well thank you so much; we are very proud of her" Patti replies. "And might I add that your son has been a godsend for our daughter...we have never seen her happier. He's a great man" Dennis adds.

Gwen and Blake both stand back watching the exchange pleased it is going well. The doorbell rings again and Blake excuses himself to see who it is. Jen and Todd are there with Stella and Stella runs to Blake.

She had taken to him quickly so it is no surprise when she jumps into his arms "Uncle Blake, Uncle Blake...look at my new boots" she says happily.

"Wow would you look at those...genuine cowgirl boots...I love them Stella!" "Hey my niece Ryan and nephew Jace are in the back playing if you want to join them kiddo" Blake says putting Stella down. She runs to the back "thank you Uncle Blake!"