Breaking out and staying in

Blake walks in the front door and looks around, followed by the perky real-estate agent.  He can't believe he is making this step; finding a place out here to rent. When he first came out here he thought he would be staying because of signing with a record label but boy did the universe have a different plan. This place has two bedrooms and 1 & 1/2 baths. It's nice but it's way too modern for Blake. As much as he wants Gwen to be comfortable whenever she can come visit, he needs it to be comfortable for him and his family too. Thinking about his family visiting Blake realizes he might want three bed rooms instead of just two.

"So Mr. Shelton what are your thoughts on this home?" The perky realtor asks

"Well I'm sitting here thinking and I was wondering if we could look at places that are a little bit bigger. Like maybe three bedrooms and 2 & 1/2 baths. Also do you have anything a little less modern?"

"Well I'm sure we have something similar, just give me a minute to go look at my computer."

"Ok thanks."

Blake takes the minute to call his mom. He hasn't done that yet and he knows she is dying to know what's going on and why he is still there when he had told her the meeting with the label hadn't gone well. So he bites the bullet and hits the call button.

"Blake Tollison Shelton you better start explaining right now what's going on. Where are you?"

"Howdy mom. I'm still in LA."

"And what in 'Pete's name' are you still doing there?"

"Mom I'm getting a rental place here. One big enough that you guys could come visit too."

"Blake is everything ok? Please be honest with me."

"Mom I'm fine. Everything is great, better than great actually. I met someone mom. It's gonna be a tough road but she needs me mom."

"What do you mean tough road?"

"Mr. Shelton I found some other properties to show you when your ready." The realtor said

"Mom I gotta go but I promise I'll call soon and explain everything. I love you mom."

"I love you to baby boy."

Blake hangs up and heads to the next rental property. After seeing three more properties Blake finally settles on a three bedroom town home with a more ranch feeling decor to it.  Blake signs the necessary documents and the realtor hands over the keys. Thankfully he was smart enough to rent one fully furnished. It made it a little more expensive but for now this will do. Blake crashes down on the couch before checking his watch. Dammit it's already 2:30 in the afternoon. They started the hunt at 7:30 he wanted to be done before Gwen's doctors did rounds but he is pretty sure he missed them. He knows he needs to get motivated so he forces himself up and to his truck. Time to see Gwen.
                                  ..................................................................................
"So your finally getting out of here huh?" Lou asks Gwen

"Yeah they said I can do out patient treatment now. I have a lot to figure out in the next few hours."

"Yeah like what?"

"Well for starters I need somewhere to live Gavin put all my stuff in storage when he broke up with me. Obviously I can't go back to living with him. I am just gonna have to call Justine and see if she will help me find somewhere."