Running

Blake walks into Starbucks, scanning the room for Chuck. He spots him at a table in the back of the room. Blake makes his way over to the table. As soon as Chuck sees him he stands to shake Blake's hand.

"Mr. Shelton it's good to see you again."

"It's good to see you too sir, but really call me Blake."

"Alright Blake. So we didn't get to far into our discussion the first time."

"No we didn't. It was a rough day for her. She wanted to see you so bad and frankly I find it really hard to say no to her." Blake chuckles to think that a year ago all he thought about was his music and now all he thinks about is Gwen

"How is she? It really scared me to see her like that."

"She's ok. She had had chemo that morning so it was an exceptionally bad day. She isn't always that sick. She misses the design studio so bad though. She says that's her safe place. I want her to have everything she wants, so it kills me that this one thing she really wants I can't give her."

"What if we can give it to her." Chuck says thinking of how to make this happen for Gwen

"She can't go into the studio though her energy doesn't hold up very long."

"Ok so we can't take her to the studio; what if we bring the studio to her."

"Can we do that?" Blake says feeling the excitement build

"Yeah I can get an easel and all of the drawing supplies she would need brought to the house. I can even have her design book brought. Do you have anywhere to set it all up?"

"Yeah Gwen and I each have a room but she doesn't use her room anymore so we could set that up as her design studio. It would be perfect if we can make this happen. I can't wait to see her face she is gonna be so happy."

"Ok well I want to get her all new top of the line supplies so give me about a week to get everything in and then I'll call you when it's here. Then we can plan how to get her out of the house for the day so we can arrange it and set it all up."

"Thank you so much sir. Gwen's gonna be so happy. I really can't thank you enough for doing this for her."

"No Blake you're the one I should be thanking. Before you came around, I thought we were losing her. Once that asshole left, she was so down and I couldn't get her to perk up. When you came along everything changed, and I, for the first time felt like she could fight this, that I wouldn't have to live through her funeral. You saved her Blake. You treat her the way she deserves to be treated. So thank you."

"I love her a ton. I've never felt the way I do when I'm with her. She is an amazing person and she deserves the world."

"She does, that she does. Now onto our reason for our meeting. My godson is 14. He wants to learn to play the guitar and I promised him I'd find someone to teach him. So you obviously play right?"

"Yep my brother taught me when I was 8. My goal is to sing country music one day it just hasn't worked out yet. Haven't met the right people I guess."

"It's a tough industry, as is fashion. It took me a while to make it too and look where I am now. You just have to keep trying. I was thinking maybe two days a week? An hour and a half to two hour sessions?"

"Yeah I can do that. Normally sessions are only an hour but at 14 I think he would be able to handle two hours if he is really into it. We could do two sessions a week, two hours each?"

"That would be fantastic. I'll give him a check to pass on to you every week for both sessions. How much were you thinking?"

"Well I've never done lessons and my brother taught me, so I'm not really sure what the going rate is."