"Because, clearly, I'm insane," Eli said. After all, he still talked to Matthew.

"No you're not, you're just . . . unique," Matthew said, taking a moment to find the right word. Or at least, one that wouldn't make Eli want to hurt him. The redhead just gave him a blank look.

"Oh wow, thanks. You really know how to make a guy feel special," he said with a roll of his eyes.

"Aw, don't worry Eli, I think you're very special," Matthew said with a laugh.

"I really don't see that as a good thing," Eli said, stopping in front of a place that was well known for its burgers. "Are you really going to keep following me?" he asked.

"You asked me to have lunch with you," Matthew pointed out. "I'll pay," he added when Eli looked less than convinced. It wasn't a surprise to see the redhead pause at that and consider it. If there was one thing Matthew knew Eli wouldn't say no to, it was free food. After all, he was a starving college student.

"Fine, I guess I did ask you," Eli grudgingly admitted, and led the way in.

As was usual for the place, it was crowded, with plenty of people happily chatting as they enjoyed their food. It was a bright place, adorned with loads of signs and pictures that fit the 'roadstop' theme they had going. The counter was lined with stools that were all occupied and a couple of cheery looking waiters and waitresses wandered about, taking food to the small round tables and spacey booths. It was a warm place, not overly bright, and decidedly cozy. Definitely one of Eli's favorite places to have lunch.

He and Matthew claimed a booth and were greeted by a pretty young waitress. Her nametag read 'Sally' and she smiled at them and handed them their menus after the usual greeting. Eli tried not to stare as she walked away, long, dark hair swaying in the high ponytail she wore it in.

"Really? I buy you lunch and you stare at the waitress, how rude," Matthew said, regaining Eli's attention. There was a playful tone to his words, but his eyes didn't quite match it.

"I wasn't staring," Eli muttered, feeling something like embarrassment. And then he remembered that this was Matthew, his stalker, he was talking to. "Not that it's any of your business if I do," he added, crossing his arms and leaning back in his seat.

"Sure it is. I wouldn't want you to get snatched away by a pretty waitress," Matthew said all too casually, his eyes focused on the menu he was looking through.

"You say that like you have a chance," Eli pointed out. "By the way, you don't even know if I like guys. Just because you sexually harass me on a regular basis doesn't mean I enjoy it," he added. Matthew just snorted and put down his menu.

"You had a boyfriend last year, you broke up because he switched schools and moved away," Matthew said, elbows resting on the table as he leaned forward. "You know, I'd never abandon you like that," he said with a grin.

Whatever reply Eli had, refused to come out of his mouth. He could feel his face burning — whether from embarrassment or pure rage, Eli couldn't tell — and was just about to force himself to form a coherent answer when their waitress returned. Seeing Matthew order so casually just pissed him off more, for reasons Eli couldn't quite understand. Now in a less than happy mood, Eli ordered his food and went back to glaring at the man sitting across from him as Sally walked away.

"You are the creepiest damn stalker in the world," he said with a scowl once they were alone again. "How do you even know that?"

"Michael told me," Matthew admitted. "You were in a bad mood at work, so I asked him about it. He didn't mean to say it was your boyfriend that made you mad, so please don't kill him. I'd really hate to have to arrest you," he joked.