Chapter 1

"Where do you think you're going?" The attacker snarled.

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!" Nobody comes, and the attacker slowly advances toward me. I try to run but I trip he was standing over top of me.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA" he raised the gun and slid his finger over the trigger. This was it, I was going to die. Then something changed, a hand grabbed me. I fell over my dead parents, but it wasn't them anymore. One of the two figures was in all black and had a bat on his chest, the other was the one who grabbed my hand he had brown hair, yellow cape, red torso piece and a green eye mask. Wow, his eyes were like a perfect shade of brown. Suddenly his hair turned longer and fringed, dyed black. His outfit changed into a black body suit and had a blue bird shape on his chest. "Bang!"

"Genevieve, Genevieve! Wake up! It was just a nightmare!" Mrs. Foster's voice startled me, I sat up.

"It was just so... so real like it happened again" I said to myself.

"You have a very creative mind Gen, it will do thing like that to you. But, it will let your dreams of being a scripter become true. Love-hate." She stands up to leave, I don't want her to go but I see she was sleeping, and is really tired. "Sleep well, Genevieve. I will see you in the morning." She let out a lion like yawn and left me in the dark.

"I can't stay here any longer I'm about to go insane!" I mumble to myself. I glanced out the window the streetlight was dim; the road was damp so the rain just had stopped. I miss Florida it was much easier living there instead of depressing Gotham city. It's only been a year since my parents told me we were moving here. In a week it will be their passing anniversary, 'how could things been so great then go to hell?' I used the dim lighting to put on my black skinny jeans, and my black leather jacket. I carefully put on my combat boots, and did makeup on my eyes so it looked like a mask almost. When I found myself almost ready to go explore Gotham I tied my hair up in a ballerina bun. I carefully step out of the window on to the fire escape. There was something that jumped between the orphanage and the ACE chemicals building. Then another object and a smaller object then the two before. So I carefully crawled up the latter, to see what was going on.

"HAHAHAHAHA, OH ROBIN YOU ARE KILLING ME!" a way to familiar voice screeched.

"Joker, Harley, what's up with the clown chase?" the guy that said that looked to be a foot or two taller than me, he had blackish, brown hair spiked up. I could only assume that it was Robin.

"If life would just hand you the answers then it wouldn't be no fun. Now would it, Bird-brain? Oh yeah where is the Dork-Knight?" a girls voice rang through the night.

"I don't know." Robin sounded worried. Then out of the blue, joker pulled a gun out at robin.

"Things have been fun bird, alas we have somewhere to be my darling!" he slid his finger on the trigger.

"NO!" I screamed before I thought what I was doing. Crap!

Everyone looked surprised to see me. Joker turned the gun at me. Double crap!

"BANG" Joker hollered at me and I jumped back, falling on my back almost off the five story high building.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!" Joker and his 'darling' were dying at my reaction. Out of the dark night sky I saw a big figure glide down behind the two clowns. And in one swift move he slammed their heads together, and they fell limp.

"Are you two ok?" he said coming closer, I started to get up.

"I am, who are you?" robin looked at me, man he was cute!

I tried to take a breath, "I'm Genevieve, I take it that you guys are Batman and Robin?" I was sitting up, my left side was numb. Weird.

"Anything hurt?" batman asked me holding out his hand, and I took it.

"My side is numb, other than that I'm fine. Are they ... dead?"

"No just out cold" robin said then he started to say something then batman went and unzipped my jacket

"Robin call the bat-cave send the bat-mobile," he said, I looked down to see my white tank top running red on my left side, getting darker by the second. "Try to stay with us. Does it hurt?"

"No, I can't even feel it... Should I?" I started to worry.

"No it's your way of coping. Joker must have had a silencer on his pistol." Then a car pulled up it was black, looked fast I want to drive it. Batman picked me up and placed me in the back and buckled me in and robin slid in next to me.

"Hey," he said and looked at my wound, "here this should help with the bleeding." He slid my jacket off of my shoulders a bit and put his hands on the hole. Then everything went black.