Chapter 42: The wedding

Beginne am Anfang

-29 hours before the wedding-

"I'm in love with your dress," Jamie exclaims as she takes in the stunning the mauve coloured dress with beautiful detailing. "You are going to look so good!" She squeals.

Jamie is staying over for the night so we can get ready together for the day of the wedding. We were both still getting ready now, making sure to have everything organized and done by tonight and whatever that needed to be done tomorrow ready to get done by then.

"Do you mind if I bring out another blanket? I'm always cold for some reason." Jamie asks and I wave her off, saying she can bring out whatever she needs. She heads to my closet where I keep all the spare blankets and she reaches up to grab one, pulling something down with it that almost hits her in the head.

Justin's backpack.

She looks at it before looking back at me. I stare at the bag for a moment before springing out of my bed to grab it.

He left it behind with his notebook so I took it and tucked it away in my closet. Carefully, I set it aside by my table and take a deep breath.

Jamie slowly approaches my bed where I take my seat. "You really miss him, huh?"

"Yep."

She climbs onto the bed and sits next to me, wrapping her arms around me. "Bea..."

"It's okay," I assure her. "Let's just get some sleep. We need to be up early tomorrow."

-Noon. 4 hours before the wedding starts-

Set up in being done and at 2 PM we start taking pictures. The photographer is already here, setting up as well. At 3:30 the doors open and guests will start to arrive and by 4:15 the ceremony will start.

The venue is absolutely beautiful. The ceremony will be taking place outside, then cocktail hour, and then we move to the inside venue for the party and dinner.

"Excuse me," I head over to the bartender who is assorting his drinks. He lifts his head. "How can I help you?"

"Can I get a bottle of champagne? It's for the bride." Melanie asked me to get a bottle for Jennifer and the bridesmaids. The man nods and pulls out a nice big bottle for me. I thank him and return to where all the women were finishing getting ready.

"Are you nervous?" I hear one of Jennifer's friends ask. Everyone is buzzing around the room, excited for the big day to have finally arrived.

"Honestly, yes, but it feels right." Jennifer is smiling. She's practically glowing and I am so happy for her.

Holding up the bottle, I make my presence known. "I have the champagne!" All the women's eyes gleam in delight from the sight of the bottle and I pass it to Mariam, one of the bridesmaids who is quick to open it and pour everyone a glass.

Melanie offers me a glass, but I decline and head out to find the others. Jamie is with her brother Hayden and the rest of the guys.

"Hey, there's the maid of honour!" Bo cheers and I smile at the group.

"The photographer wants to get a few test shots so get your butt over here!" Jamie yells and I walk over to them. We all pose for the photographer and he takes some photos, saying he'll take more of us again around 2.

We thank him and then we are all off to get ready. I'm in my dress and my hair is done to perfection.

"Jamie!" I squeal when she emerges in her dress, "You look amazing!" She's dressed up in a gorgeous rusty rose coloured dress that reaches the floor and her hair is pinned back from her face. I can't help but hug her and she laughs, hugging me back. "Says the hot looking maid of honour!"