The Best Day

"This years Twinkle team is..."

I stopped breathing. Gianna, Andrea, an I were squeezing each others hands like we were at an awards ceremony.

"Nikki Rae, Gianna Antico..."

Gianna smiled and walked to the line with Nikki.

"Little miss Andrea!"

Drea squealed and ran in to the line of Twinkles. It was already really long. Did I make it?

"Now for our final Twinkle. Us coaches know that she has worked hard and has been waiting impatiently for this moment. Welcome to Twinkles..."

It has to be me, right?

"Miss Arista Anntello!"

I jump up and hug Drea and G at the same time. We're jumping up and down and screaming. I can't beeline it I made Twinkles.

I wait to hear Starlites announced. I didn't make it on that team, but I am an assistant coach for Twilights!

"Wake up T." I whisper while everyone walks out of the gym.

"Hum?" she mumbles.

"You made Twilights and I'm your assistant coach!"

"Really?" she screams.

"Yeah! And I made Twinkles!"

"OMGG Arista! I'm so happy for you!"

"Come on let's go tell mom."

Tianna an I run out of the gym with our bags loosely hung on our shoulders. we run into the back seat and T quickly straps herself in her car seat.

"I made Twilights!" Tianna boasts.

"Yay! Arista?" my mom asks.

"Twinkles duh!"

"Awesome! What about Starlites?"

"Nah but I am the assistant coach for Twilights!"

"Ooooo! T how are you gonna like that?"

"Don't worry I'll mess with her!" Tianna says giving me the evil eye.

My mom and I crack up and she turns on some cheer music. We scream the songs with the windows down and laugh when Tianna messes up the words.

"Hold on girls I need to pull over." my mom says and turns off the music. Tianna and I look at each other, puzzled.

Our mom opened up her car door and started throwing up. We cringed at the sound and smell.

Once my mom got done I asked her "What's wrong?"

"I don't know I've been sick for the past couple of days."

"You should go to the doctor." Tianna states.

"I know. I'll leave you guys with Nanny Kim and go once we get home."

"Mommy why do we even have Nanny Kim?" T questions.

"T, you know that we use Nanny Kim when Daddy's away with the army remember?" my mom sighs.

"Yeah, I forgot. When does he get him from Afbanistan?"

"Afghanistan" I correct Tianna.

"Yeah that."

Mom sighs. "10 to 12 more months."

The car goes silent. That's a long time. Daddy's barely ever home. The army seems like his life. He just left a week ago today, but I miss him like it had already been those 10 to 12 months.

We arrive home and Nanny Kim pulls up seconds after. Mom stays in the car and blows is kisses. We wave and walk in the house. I go and unlock the door so that Nanny Kim can come in.