found. | suna rintarō

Faster than a shooting star,
baby, you stole my heart.

Radiance that could rival that of the moon.
The line was cheesy and deemed humiliating by some, yet, such words could lighten up reality for weeks or months to come. Just a few breaths laced with vocals, that's all it really was once simplified, so why, just why, had you remembered it?

Maybe it was the rarity of the light shone upon the truth, or that you didn't have a variety of interests that would complicate his attempts of wooing you. Suna had thought nothing much of the truth, just that you needed to know, but that's the first thing he had said to you.

Just how unique and irreplaceable you are.

The ravenet remembered the day clearly, the cherry blossoms scattering around the fresh second years in the Inarizaki courtyard beneath the honey sunset. The wind had been harsh that day, but he didn't mind, nor did you, for how could you pay mind when your heart's color had legitimately transferred to your cheeks?

His compliment was blunt, just like how he desired it to be. Rintarō never was one to keep the truth in the darkness, and that was one of the many things you had grew to admire about the solemn classmate. It was unnecessary in the middle blocker's sense, for reality was already just a substantial portion of slaps in the face, whether it be laced with love or laced with hatred.

And it was surely rewarded, for that blush was what kept him going for eternity.

It continued to do so years later, the ravenet always thriving for the smallest glance of you, and only you. It was what heartbreak would deem pathetic, for it believed that selfish time would have torn him for you at least decade before, otherwise known as the antagonizing high school graduation, but the shackles linking both hearts into one had remained sturdy, just like from the beginning of the tale of he and you.

With the cords, he had kept you his, and you kept him yours, throughout the losses and wins of the volleyball matches, trouble with finding and at work, and whatever tragedies reality had decided to throw at you. You were his weakness, the only one who could see through his cold exterior, and he was your strength, the only one who could lift your spirits to be the best.

Eventually, he had eternalized your connection with a golden ring beneath the stars in the blissful winter. They said to mark what you wanted to be referred to as yours, and so he did, holding you ever so tightly and coating you with his scent ever since the first embrace as fiancé and fiancée that enchanting twilight.

Such beautiful memories; reminiscence that had the potential of providing cheers for now and forever.

The happiness had remained after all these five years, your hand holding his just as tightly as you did on your wedding day, your (e/c) fixated on the harbor neighboring the grassy fields.

You had almost fallen in that day, and your cold knight had saved you just barely, he, too, wobbling upon the shoreline in a great attempt to keep you safe, or rather, not angry and wet.

"You were so soaked, Rintarō!"

Your chirp filled his ears with the amusement clear, sending small waves of excitement down to his heart. To think he would have gotten used to your voice; your harmonic vocals, but even the slightest peep drove him insane, just like the day you two had met.

".. I was only helping..."

The solemn male muttered in response, his right palm burying itself in his messy black locks with humiliation at the recall. The date was expectedly laced with romance, but instead, was comedic, one mishap after another. A typical bride would have bawled her eyes out for weeks at the failure of a day of romance, but you had kept your angelic smile intact the entire duration of both the ceremony and reception.