silent solicitation. | kuguri naoyasu

Empty surroundings brought silence, silence that tore him apart.

Blank optics stared ahead, bringing pain to his seemingly empty heart. The sight was frequent, the picture painted clearly in the middle blocker's head. Every hour of each passing day, the image was imbedded into his mind, spitefully playing over and over.

You were happy, happy with him. Happiness is what he desired for you, wanted to see your heavenly smile intact for as long as you could hold it. It brought a bad taste in his mouth when he imagined a disgusting frown replacing that captivating feature of yours, it distracted him from practice or interrupted his slumber when such a thing would cross his mind. You unhappy was comparable to a nightmare to Kuguri. He seemed soulless, yes, but when it came to you, it was the complete opposite.

That wasn't his main problem.

You were with that snake, the infamously cunning Daishō Suguru. He was the captain of the Nohebi volleyball club, yes, and he respected the third year, yes, but he didn't respect your relationship. He didn't deserve you, that's what he told himself daily. He exhibited playboy behaviors, being flirtatious whenever a female walked into the volleyball gymnasium. It drove the solemn brunet off the rails, but at last, he kept his silence, watching from afar whenever the captain would swoon those poor girls.

He didn't flirt with others when he was with her, though.

Naoyasu remembered the day clearly, the day when the snake had stormed into practice in tears. Suguru had made quite a mess of the place, throwing brooms about the court as he tore apart the storage room, attacking any who attempted to calm down the third-year. For someone so sly, no one had ever expected him to make such a scene over his ex-girlfriend.

And now that you were with him, it didn't mean you were the girl he spoke about.

"I saw her in the hallway today, and she looked astonishing."

"I heard she aced that math test, I'm really proud of her."

"She's having a dance recital this weekend, and I'm going to go watch."

"God, her laugh is really cute, and it gets better every time."

It was always about her, never about you. Never had the team heard any,

"(y/n)-chan looked beautiful today."

"(y/n)-chan's cooking is heavenly."

"(y/n)-chan is really intelligent."

"(y/n)-chan is an amazing singer, the best around."

It angered the first-year that you were being toyed with, and it hurt even more whenever he would gaze at you from the back of the 1-3 classroom the two of you had occupied every weekday, and the thought of him cheating on such a sweetheart like you crossed his mind.

He wanted to tell you, it killed him, and yet, he refrained. Kuguri was a mute, a mute who just didn't have the guts to break the light of his life.

Naoyasu ripped his vision off you and the lying captain before turning his back upon it, abandoning his stance in the middle of the doorway to 1-3. He couldn't bare it, knowing that the one he longed for belonged to someone he couldn't defy, someone he had to obey. To think after all these months, he would've forgotten it, forgotten the lies, forgotten his attraction towards you, but here he was, letting the captain tear both he and you into the little shreds.

He was the snake, the snake that held you captive in a fairy tale awaiting it's time to burn in ruin.

____________________________________________________________________________