Clicking the keys to her car, I got inside and drove to our apartment. Atlanta was a beautiful city, tall trees were everywhere and the sun beamed down on everything. I opened the window to let a slight breeze flow through the car.

The heat made me think of swimming. Speaking of which, I gotta go swimming this weekend. Not that I was particularly good at it, but it did bring me peace being in the water. Also, I could wear the hell out of a bathing suit.

Getting out of the car I took all my books and my laptop inside and shut the door behind me. I took everything off and put on a big t shirt. I tied my hair up in a bun and put on my slides. I went to the kitchen and got started on cooking food from home.

Thinking of the Jollof, fried plantain, and chicken I was going to make, my stomach growled. I missed home cooking and my parents so much, I needed this meal to make me feel at least a bit better.

I added two cups of rice to a pot and filled it with water then put it on the stove. While that boiled, I sliced the ripe plantains and put salt on them. After frying them, I blended tomatoes, red peppers, onions, and curry powder. I fried this mixture in a pan with some onions, then adding chicken broth. Lastly I put the boiled rice in and let it cook for fifteen minutes. After taking the drum sticks out of the oven, my meal was complete. Nigerian cooking was truly another key to my heart.

Ada still wasn't home, so I decided to call her. Looking everywhere I couldn't find my phone so I went outside. There it was, sitting on top of the car. Imagine if I drove off with it still up there. My mind must have been on parking lot bae. I couldn't stop thinking about his pretty smile.

"Damn, what the hell you cooking up in there?" It was the brick wall from earlier, Elijah. I spun around to look at him, amazed that fate had brought our paths together yet again.

"Stuff from home. Why, does it smell good?" He licked his lips and nodded. "You can come in and try some if you want," I began walking back to the door.

"I just might take you up on that offer."

He sat on the counter top while I prepared our plates. "So you Nigerian?" I shook my head. "Yeah. I came here when I was 6 and A came when she was 10."

He seemed really interested. "I wish people could get past the stereotypes." He swung his feet from where he sat. "Was it hard to adjust?" I handed him his plate with a fork as we headed to the living room.

"Hell yeah. I had a thick accent and got made fun of for it everyday. It only started to go away at the end of middle school. And then having to deal with people asking, Can you say something in African?" I laughed at the fact that he understood.

"So, you like it?" He chewed a forkful of rice and a plantain.

"Mhhmm. This real good, Sai. Thanks for feeding a nigga."

"No problem. Even though I find it a lil sus that you happened to be right by my door when I went outside," I raised my eyebrows.

"So maybe I was tryna bump into you again," he shrugged. "Can you blame me?"

"I guess I can't," I smiled.

I turned on the tv and found something for us to watch. We weren't really gonna watch it, it was just background noise.

"Where are you from Elijah?"

He put his hands up in protest. "Call me Eli. I'm from Louisiana. Never been out the state until I got a scholarship to come here." He put the plate down on the coffee table.

"I knew you was from the south, thick ass accent." I took our plates and put them in the sink. "Yeah I get that a lot. What you studying up here tho?" I explained cosmetic science to him.

We talked for at least two hours, discussing our aspirations, family life, and things we wanna do. I could talk like this with him for hours if we had time.

"I should be heading to my place," He said as he walked toward the door. Part of me wanted to ask him to stay, but I decided against it.

"We still on for Saturday?" I questioned. He grew on me and I was really looking forward to seeing him.

"Yeah, Imma see you then."

I closed the door behind him and went to the kitchen, putting all the leftovers in separate containers and into the fridge. Shortly after, A walked in.

"Ooh bitchhh," She put her purse down and stumbled on the couch. " I got the best dick of my life." I smacked.

"Must be nice. Now get up." I walked her to her room and laid her on the bed.

I wiped her make up off and took her shoes off. I gave her some pajamas to wear and put a scarf on her slicked back hairstyle. After I put on her bonnet she fell right asleep, but not before saying "Thankksss bestieeee" in a dick-drunk slur. Turning off her light I went to the bathroom, wrapped up my hair, and got in bed.

I texted Eli for the rest of the night, not even worrying about how late it was getting. He had my full attention now, and I didn't mind.