Chapter 8 - Reckoning

Start from the beginning

J - One of the crew reported seeing the Commander in there.

KV - Admiral

K - Admiral

G - Admiral

L - Admiral

J - Whatever. By the sounds of it the man's on a mission.

K - He's not trying to dance is he?

J - No sir. Just trying to see how long his liver can last.

Kaidan Alenko has left the conversation. Liara T'Soni has left the conversation. Garrus Vakarian has left the conversation. Kasumi Vakarian has left the conversation.

J - WHAT? When were you going to tell me scars?

One of the blue ladies had laughed at the joke. He had managed to smile in a winning way, gesturing with his glass. Another blue lady had laid her head against his shoulder and whispered something he couldn't quite make out, but sounded a bit strenuous. But maybe worth exploring. He had pursed his lips and nodded slowly. She had laughed as well.

And now he'd bought the bar another round and was standing with glass raised.

"My name is Commander Shepard and this is my favourite place on the Citadel!"

He sank the shot, along with a Turian, Salarian and three humans stood next to the bar. At the same time they all hissed and bent double before slamming the glasses down on the bar. The crowd cheered. The music thumped. He swayed gently, gesturing for another round. Another blue lady smiled sweetly at him. There was a brief commotion and she was replaced by a face that was only slightly blue and more silvery. And pointy.

"Don't fancy your chances… wanna drink?"

"Spirits, he's bad. Did Miranda say how much his tolerance was effected without all the implants?"

"Only mobility. His digestive supports should be fine," ah, now this one was blue. Pretty, "My eyes are up here, Admiral."

"Nah, Commander. 'S me. Wanna drink? They serve them here. Good too. Sir! A round of drinks for the people!"

The barman glanced between the Admiral and the new arrivals.

"Which people?"

Shepard turned to the bar as a whole, "ALL the people!" Another huge cheer.

"Right, definitely had enough. Good hearts and minds strategy though,"

"Not the time Garrus."

"You sure? I mean, free drinks, good compan- ow!"

"Try it and your next job at home will be as chrome linings on all our furniture bird man."

"Sorry dear."

Shepard watched the strange show but smiled as the barman handed him a frothy looking green mixture. He raised it at the newcomers and went to sip it, but found his hand empty. A diminutive oriental lady had just taken it off him. He frowned at her.

"You're sort of blue. No tentaclics though. Nice blue. And purple. I like purple. Love purple. Used to like black a lot y'know. Really got purple," He blinked, wondering why his eyes were wet, then turned to the barman, "Got anything purple?"

Hands gripped his shoulders and he felt arms hoist under his elbows. There was the sensation of movement but his legs weren't moving. The barman was becoming smaller, the cheering crowds chanting and waving as he disappeared backwards from the throng. He managed a wave and fist pumped the air.