Chapter 2

The 2 hours in class were spent by Rick teaching math. 

God knows what kind. 

I wasn't paying attention, I mean I never do. I usually play games on my phone or stare blankly at anywhere no one would notice till the end of class yet today I did none of that. 

I found myself staring at Rick more than I should - more than what was acceptable for a student to.

~*~

"So I guess we're done for today!"

Rick chants as everyone starts to pack up there things at their seats.

I took my time packing my things as everyone left the classroom.

I was now left with Rick and he was sitting down at his desk reading over a few papers in his hands.

 He was so concentrated on the papers, that I guess he hadn't noticed that I was still in the room.

As I slowly go down towards the door, my footsteps startle him as he jumps in his seat and swears.

"Oh shi...sugar"

"Sugar? Really? You know I'm in college right?"

I smirk at him as he takes away his hands from his chest and looks at me with wide eyes,

"Well obviously I- never mind that."

He laughed nervously. He then stands up and walks towards the classroom door.

"Daryl, right?" He extends his right hand to me and I hesitantly shook it and nodded.

"So, I assume you being late today wasn't the first time?"

"I'm not late, usually" I admitted to him and lowered my eyes to the ground. I could hear the lie in the tone of my voice and I could tell he could too.

He stood in front of me just eyeing me for a moment then proceeded, "Uhh, well, I'm new here as you've noticed," 

I snorted from where I stood at lifted my eyes to his chest
" I wanted to know if there were any places to eat around campus? I'm starving" he chuckled and tucked both him hands into his pant pockets.

"Well yeah of course," We're at a University for God sake "You meant any good places didn't you?" That's when I finally made proper eye contact with him. 

Blue was the first I saw, ice blue and staring back at me almost intensely, as if he was studying me. His face held a hint of a smile. Jaw hidden under scruff which connected to his thick brown hair which carried curls.

He then broke into a whole smile and then looked away from me for a seconds, "Yeah, that's what I meant"

"Do you.. want me to show you around? I mean I don't really spend much time here, only for classes but I could."

He nods "I mean if- if that's okay with you. I'm pretty sure you have better places to go"

What better places? 

I'm not close with anyone here. My home is- well, I don't want to think about that right now. I don't have anything important to go to.

"It's fine" I simply responded.

He nods again and moves back to his desk to grab his things, stuffing the papers and binders into his black leather document bag. Most likely new.

After taking a few moments to check that everything was where it was, he put on his brown corduroy  jacket and had turned to start walking towards me again.

"Website said it was gonna get colder today."

I nodded smirking as I looked at him, "Your gonna talk about the weather? That's so-"

"Weird? I know i'll shut up" He smiled as he stood in front of me once more.

"No just- never mind" I shake my head.

I turned my head towards the door and open it, gestured him to go in front of me

"Ladies first" I chuckled

He smirks and passes me

Then I close the door behind me.