"I did a run last night in the north side-"

"Sounds bad already," Louis cut off, standing up to full height but still holding up the hem of my shirt. 

I nodded, continuing. "The buyer got all pissed off and attacked me."

Louis' eyes narrowed as he cocked his head at me slightly. "What did he do to you?" He asked slowly. 

"Stabbed me," I replied quietly, looking down at his hand on my shirt. 

"Holy hell," Louis let out a short gasp. 

"It doesn't hurt much anymore," I said. The gash didn't seem to be bleeding, and I could see that it wasn't deep enough to require stitches.

"Did you go to the hospital?" He asked, looking one last time at the wound before dropping my shirt, stepping back a little. 

I shook my head. "You know how I feel about hospitals, Lou."

Louis crossed his arms over his chest, biting the inside of his cheek. An awkward silence filled the room before he spoke up again. "You didn't come home last night. So where did you get that bandage if you didn't go to the hospital?" 

I shrugged before nudging past him, making my way towards the hallway around the corner, leading to the single bedroom in my flat. 

I heard Louis sigh before following behind me into my room. The retched smell of marijuana slowly started to fade away as I entered, being replaced with the smell of expensive cologne I manage to steal off the sample tables at clothing stores. 

I walked over to my decently sized bed against the wall and flopped down on the mattress, letting out a deep breath. I felt the end of the bed dip as Louis sat down, sliding himself up onto the duvet and resting his back against the cold wall behind him. I removed my arms from in front of my face and strained my neck so I could see him. He sat near my feet, his knees up and his forearms resting on them. 

"Have you been here since yesterday?" I asked, suddenly curious. 

"Yeah. I had no where else to go, so I just came here. You weren't around so I figured I'd just wait till you got home," he replied, turning his head to look at me. "But you didn't come home." 

"I went to a friend's," I stated. Was Niall even considered my friend? I wasn't sure if I was able to call him that just yet. 

"Who?" Louis asked, a frown playing on his lips.

I just shrugged, a blank expression on my face. Louis sighed, rubbing a hand over his face. "No offence, Harry," he started, and I immediately knew he was going to say something insulting. "You don't exactly have any friends."

My eyebrows furrowed together, my face falling into a deep scowl. I sat up and swung my legs over the side of my bed placing my feet on the carpet. I stood up, turning to face my bright eyed friend. 

"You've been gone for half a year, Louis. Things have changed," I raised my voice, making him roll his eyes. I just scoffed at him and stormed towards the bedroom door. 

"Come on, Harry. You know what I mean," he called after me. 

I ignored him and just decided to go out for a coffee. I patted my pockets to make sure I had the money John gave me and my phone. I slipped my converse back on and opened the door, only to have it slam back closed by another hand. 

"Where are you going?" Louis asked, his voice cold but not intimidating. He stepped between the door and my body, causing me to back up. 

I narrowed my eyes at him and shoved him to the side, grabbing the door handle. His forearm came down onto my wrist, knocking it off the knob. I winced slightly, but was glad that it wasn't the wrist with the bruise on it. That would've hurt a lot more. 

"What the fuck is your problem?" He almost yelled at me.

I fake laughed, rolling my eyes in the process. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at the wall, not meeting his eyes. 

"Harry, you know what I meant," he said a bit softer, referring to the 'no friends' thing. 

I brought my eyes up to his, turning my expression cold. 

I was suddenly angry at Louis for leaving to Paris. He never called or texted for six whole months. It dawned on me how much of a dick move that was. He was my best friend, yet he never even showed a sign that he still knew I existed while he was off living the drug dream. 

"A lot has changed since the minute you left for Paris," I stepped forward again, grabbing the knob and yanking the door open before Louis could react. 

"But you never bothered to figure that out," I added, before walking out into the 6th floor's hallway, slamming the door behind me. 

I was used to being without him anyways.