I’m starting to feel pissed again for thinking of alibis and reasons na pwede kong gamitin para lang tulungan si Allie.I’ve gotten too much involved. But it wasn’t my fault that Allie was interesting. She’s like this thick book that you’d love to read deeper and deeper. She’s like this ripe fruit filled with layers that you’d want to peel and see what’s inside. I wanted to say taste, but that would be a really inappropriate.

“Stop staring at her, dude.” napapikit-pikit ako, the voice knocked me out from my own thoughts. Napatingin ako kay Vin na blangkong nakatitig sa akin.

“What?”

“You’re being too obvious. Kung nakakalusaw lang ang mga titig mo, baka kanina pa nag-evaporate si De Guzman.” napakunot naman ang noo ko. Kanina pa ba ako nakatitig kay Allie? Bakit hindi ko naman napapansin?

“Do you like her?” my ears tingled at his question. For the second time around, nakuha na naman ni Vin ang atensyon ko. Inalis ko na ang tingin ko kay Allie and diverted all of my interest to Vin.

“Sorry, did I hear it right?” tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.Vin shrugged.

“May mata ako. At nakikita ko kung paano mo siya titigan nitong mga nakaraang araw. I ignored it because I thought it would be impossible since Allie is not your type. But when Allie asked for your whereabouts the other day…” biglang umalarma ang puso ko.

“Tinanong niya? Kailan?” I put my guard up when Vin suddenly smirked. I was half thinking that he just probably said that to bait me, hoping that he’ll reel some truths from me.

“You’re playing dirty.” komento ko dito at marahan na humalakhak lang si Vin sa akin.

“I’m playing nothing. It’s true though. Tinanong niya kung nasaan ka last time. We told them you were in the lover’s park.” so it was not recently. I felt disappointment on the pit of stomach.Tumango-tango ako, trying to play it cool.

“May tinanong lang siya sa akin.”

Vin sighed when he observed my reaction.

I hate it when he does that. I’ve known Vin for three years–and it was enough for us to treat each other like we’re siblings. And because of that, it was easy for him to read what’s under my skin.

“You do know that she’s taken, right?” my lips went tight.

“I know.”