9: Same old

*Jack's P.o.V.*

It's late and Jamie and I are ready to sleep. Jamie brought my sweater from the wash and it really does smell more like him.
Tomorrow is the start of the weekend before Jamie has to go back to school, and the last day I'll stay at his house since Sophie and his mom will be coming home then. I don't know when I'll get to see him again. I hope it isn't long.
We both stay silent knowing that I'm leaving in the morning. I can tell Jamie's doesn't want me to leave and, to be honest, I don't want to either, but they're things I need to do as a Guardian. I decide to leave before Jamie wakes and leave a note for him on his desk. I'll miss you Jamie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before sunrise I'm already off back to North's place. It feels wierd not being with Jamie anymore after being so close with him. I hope he understands that I can't always be right by his side but I'll try my best to be there for him. Now it's back to my place and the other Guardians. Hopefully they're all at their own places so I won't have to see them first thing when I get back.
I gently drift onto the balcony outside my room and open the door, returning to the familiar room. Nothing seemed to have changed yet everything feels different from when I first left to go to Jamie's. Down the hall I hear voices and I realize that the Guardians are here at the Pole. I sigh heavily and knock on the door to North's workshop.
Silence follows the knock then the door opens for me. I step into the room and notice Tooth, Sandy, Bunny and North all standing in a circle talking with each other.
"Jack!" North exclaimes, "It's been a while my friend. How are you doing? Any better?"
"Much better. It feels nice to return home too." I say.
"We were wondering where you ran off to," Bunnymund says, "You just seemed to disappear."
"We were worried about you Jack." Tooth says in turn, clearly meaning it too.
"I'm sorry I worried you guys but I just needed some down time." I answer. "I hope nothing bad happened while I was gone."
"No, nothing bad." North says, "Just time for us to calm down too. Don't worry about us Jack."
"Alright, so what were you all talking about just before?" I ask.
"Well," Tooth says hesitantly, "We considered if you weren't going to come back and was wondering what we would do if you didn't."
"Well now that I'm here, what are we up to?" I say, still confused.
"Don't fret about it, just resume your regular routines." Bunny says.
"But you guys are all good?" I ask, more directly this time, "I mean, with me and all?"
"Well ya, we really can't control who you are Jack." Tooth answers. "We're all who we are and we are different in our own ways."
"Alright then, thanks for having me back again."
"Always Jack. Your always welcome." North says delightedly, breaking the mood.
I smile at his words. They're still the same Guardians as before and I am too. All that changed is the bond that holds us together. I'm glad we can be close again. We finish our meeting and I head off to my room.
I lie on my bed, feeling more spent than usual. I miss Jamie already. I'm sure I'll visit him but I can't always stay with him, not while he's still mortal, that is. A knock on the door takes me from my thoughts.
"Come in." I call out to whoever's out there. To my surprise, Bunny walks-rather hops- into the room.
"Hey mate, um, I'm sorry for yelling at you when you came out to us."
"Apology accepted, but you really don't have to worry about that." I say.
"Well good then, because that wasn't the real purpose of me coming here," Bunny says, visibly relieved, "I was, um, wondering if, you know, you like any of us."
I laugh and shake my head. "Again, don't you worry about that. We're great friends and all but I don't like any of you guys to that point."
"Well ok, but then where did you go for then entire week? I'm sure you didn't spend that time all alone."
"Ya, um," I hesitate, considering if I should tell him I'm in a relationship with Jamie, "I went to Jamie's to do some catching up with him. He still believes even though he's so much older and mature."
"That's nice to hear," Bunny says, "But are you, um, looking for someone?"
"Oh," I say, a bit relieved I didn't have to say it right away, but still shaken, "Well, when I went to Jamie's he seemed really happy to see me and it sort of took off from there."
"So you're a couple with Jamie then, right?"
"Ya, you can say that," I just want to explain everything now that it's not like I have to hide anything, "He's always been keeping us close to his heart, but he said that he wants to stay with me and I want to stay with him as well. He's just perfect and I think he thinks of me the same way."
"It really does sound like you are meant for each other. Well, congratulations, to both of you."
"Thanks Bunny."
He leaves the room, leaving me to my thoughts of Jamie once again. I can't wait for the next time I can be with him.

A/N: This was really rushed and I am trying too hard to finish the story so if it's bad, I'm sooo sorry. I just hope it's not as tradh as I think, plus I don't proof read the chapters... Welp... Hope you enjoy it (even though it's crap)!