Chapter 12- Day 4

Usually the teams sat in just a normal stand. Gazing at the arena below.

But on Day 4 Sabertooth's stand was frozen over. Ice and frost decorated the stand and the competitors where close to being Popsicle-ised.

Why and How?

Just [F/N] watching the Naval Battle.

You were seething with Rage watching Minerva torture Lucy, that Fairy Tail girl. Only reason you weren't going nuclear was Rogue who was holding you back. But what ticked off the most was how Rufus, Orga and Sting smirked at the Fairy Tail stands.

How could they be so heartless?

True they were opponents but this was taking too far.

Finally 5 minutes were up. Minerva was beating Lucy.Bad.It just hurt to watch.

How could she do that? Forget being in a competition. It was pushing the human virtues.

Then some soldier called it quits before Lucy was dead. She was unmoving by the time Minerva was done with her. The fairy tail Team A was down in the field, Wendy and Chelia were healing up Lucy. As you watched, Erza, Natsu and Grey turned on Minerva. Suddenly Sting, Rufus and Orga where down there defending her. You were shocked at their actions. Minerva had obviously pushed the limits. Rogue watching the events unfold in the stand with you.

"What do we do if a fight broke out?" You asked him nervously.

"I don't think it will come to that. There has to be someone down there who's thinking straight."

Natsu and Sting were almost at each other's throats but Erza intervened.

"You might be the strongest guild in Fiore. But it would do you well to heed to this warning. You just made an enemy of Fairy Tail and that never ends well."

They carried back Lucy and left the field while your team mates returned to the stands. You refused to meet their eyes , sticking by Rogue's side all along.

Fourth day had tag battles.

Sabertooth vs Fairy Tail.

The Fairy Tail teams had coalesced into one single team.

And thus the tag battles began.

Rogue and Sting vs Natsu and Gajeel. A dragon Slayer show down.

****** (Time skip to after the battle)

You went into the infirmary to find Sting and Rogue. Sting was asleep while Rogue was deep in thought.

"Hey." you stood by the door not knowing what to do. Rogue noticed your presence. He gave you a forlorn smile.

"So we lost."

You went and sat by his side. He sighed sadly. You knew no words could prevent Master's wrath at them. You couldn't even think of losing Sting and Rogue too just like Yukino. You hugged Rogue before letting your tears out. He embraced you back his hands shaking slightly.

"[F/N] what do you think is going to happen?"Rogue whispered.

"I don't know Rogue. I do not know."

Someone cleared their throat from near the door. You pulled away from Rogue wiping your tears.

Rufus' face was serious and he looked at you pointedly.

"The meeting's going to start in an hour."