Chapter 5

Amelia stared at the sleeping baby in her arms, so peacefully she slept it would be hard to believe this little creature was the one with lungs strong enough to wail for almost an hour.

Kingcade lay sprawled on the adjoining sofa, exhaustion clear on his face and body language, she didn't envy him one bit, she grew up babysitting for couples, so basically she knew exactly what he was going through plus the fact that he seemed way out of his element here.

Snickering quietly she stood and walked to the nursery to put the baby in her cot, she lowered her quietly into the cot to avoid waking the little one up. After being successful with that feat, Amelia walked around and started picking up discarded toys. The house was like an accident waiting to happen especially with two kids and no woman in sight. Just as she rounded the corner she was stopped by a question
"Whatchu doing?"
She turned and found Jason just staring up at her, she smiled and came closer to him, squatting as she neared him.
"Well am trying to pick up the toys which I guess are yours"
She said watching as his head lowered and he started shifting his legs continuously.
"I always forget to put them back once am done with them, it makes Daddy angry" he said shrugging.
"Our nanny usually does that but it's hard work now that she's not here".

Amelia stared at the boy, he looked so much like Kingcade, 'he's gonna grow up to be a heartbreaker like his father' she thought.

"Well now your nanny isn't here, it's just you, your daddy and your sister, so you should try to help your daddy out, by picking up after yourself and helping out your sister when you can, you know it's your duty as an older brother"

She watched as his expression changed from sheepish to proud and he stood up straighter and replied
"Yes she's my little sister and am gonna be the best big brother she's ever had".

Amelia smiled and ruffled his hair before she stood to continue picking up the discarded toys only she froze because there standing at the end of the corridor was Kingcade and he was staring at her with some kind of expression on his face that she couldn't understand and just like that his face turned normal again, so much that she thought she imagined the fire she saw in those eyes and then he just turned and walked away.
Immediately he left she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding just as she felt the tingling sensation pass. Why was she reacting this way to just a mere stare?
After the encounter in the hallway, she knew she had to get out of there fast, so she opened the first door she saw, luckily for her it looked like the boy's room, so she just dropped the pile of toys on his bed and walked out, she didn't even notice the boy wasn't in the corridor anymore.
She walked to the sitting room to find her coat and bag so she could quietly sneak out,unfortunately that wasn't gonna happen because Kingcade was there in the sitting room leaning against the couch like he was expecting her to walk in there.
"You know" he started as she stared at him.
"I suspected you were gonna do something like sneak off without saying goodbye and to tell you the truth, that kinda hurts" he said putting a hand on his chest with a mocking smile on his lips.

She had to scold herself from staring at his lips and looked up to his eyes only to see a knowing smile and glint in his eyes. She schooled herself and lifted her chin up, praying her voice didn't depict the turmoil going on inside her right now.
"Oh common Kingcade, why would I wanna sneak away?" She asked shrugging
"I just came to pick up my stuff then come tell you......." she stopped because he stood and started coming towards her like a beast bearing down on his prey.

Eyes wide with alarm she asked
"What are you doing?"
He ignored her and kept coming just as she kept moving backwards, that is until her back hit a wall.
When he was like 2inches away from her he stopped and stared at her with that smirk just at the side of her lips, her mind was like a hard worker already envisioning how he would taste like were she to kiss him now, just as her body was reacting to his nearness.
"It's Adam"
She was so caught up in her imagination that she didn't hear him talk so she just said "huh?"
He smiled and then said,
"My name is Adam, hearing you call me Kingcade makes me feel so old, so Amelia I want you to call me Adam"

Even the way he said her name brought goosebumps to her skin. But no she couldn't let herself go like this she had to keep it professional but his nearness was doing stuff to her brain and she found she couldn't talk, so instead she settled for shaking her head and make the mistake of looking down at his lips and suddenly she had the urge to wet her lips and so she licked them but when she realized her mistake she lifted her eyes to stare at her brown orbs and they were dark with pure animalistic desire.

Her mouth formed an O because she knew what was coming and before she could protest, he had covered the distance between them and brushed his lips against hers. It was like a lightning bolt went through her and she knew he felt it too because he shivered. He probed her lips asking for permission into her mouth and just when she had given up any sane thought in her head and got lost in the kiss, the shattering of glass broke the spell and they both jumped apart breathing heavily.
They just stared at each other for a few seconds,
"I should check on.........." he said
" I should be on.........." she said
Then they both bursted into laughter before Adam calmed down and said
"I should probably check on Jason he's probably broken something in the kitchen" and then he turned to her "Won't you stay for dinner?"

She straightened and stared at him before saying and shaking her head
"Nah, I don't think that's a good idea, I should probably be on my way home now." He nodded and checked his time
"You're probably right. Thank you for today Amelia and am sorry I had to drag you into this"
"Psfft" she said waving him off while she walked up to pick her shoes, bag and coat. Putting her shoes back on she said
"I was glad to help though I didn't do what I came here for but am glad I could help out somehow but please do fax my secretary a copy of the contract the sooner I start, the better"
"Yea I'll do that first thing Monday morning"
"Alright Mr Kingcade errr I mean Adam say bye to Jason for me"
And with that she walked out his front door, leaning against the closed door to still her beating heart.
"Miss Banks? Are you alright?"
Startled she looked up to see the driver looking at her weirdly, shit she totally forgot he was still out here.
Walking down the steps towards the car she replied,
"Yes am fine, I am so sorry I had no idea you were still out here"
He smiled saying while he opened the door for her.
"It's fine ma'am just doing my job. Home or....."
"Home please" she replied