Prologue

The streets of London were still bustling as SHIELD Agent Jessie Nightshade walked along the sidewalks, trying to talk to her fellow agent Saleen Harper on Bluetooth while also trying to avoid running into people. "So where's the warehouse?" she asked, jumping off to the side to avoid being rammed into.

"You're right across from it," Saleen replied, and Jessie looked across the street. "The Director says we'll go in there tomorrow."

"Thanks." Jessie veered off into a department store, going down a short cut. "I'm heading back to base, OK?"

"Copy," Saleen replied. "We head out to a bar when you come back, got it?"

Jessie burst out laughing. "Got it, Icicle."

She flicked her Bluetooth off and walked down through the halls of mannequins ready for stores. She was so wrapped up in what she was doing that she almost missed the creaking behind her.

Almost.

She turned, frowning and sliding a knife down her sleeve. "Somebody there?" she called out.

There was another thump, and Jessie slowly started backing down the hall. "Ha ha," she said weakly. "Very funny, Fitz, Simmons. Seriously - " She yelped when the mannequins all simultaneously turned on her. "Skye!" she shouted, bringing her knife up as the mannequins drew closer. "May! Coulson! Seriously!"

The mannequin nearest to her raised a hand, and Jessie reflexively raised the knife up -

A hand caught around her wrist, strong and tight. Jessie froze and turned, looking into a man's sapphire eyes. He gave her a wild grin, then said one word.

"Run!"

***

Raven is awesome. Beautiful cover! :)

So, this is the beginning of Series One of the New Who, if you haven't guessed already. Still have no clue how this will turn out, but, like the Doctor, someone is going to be here the entire series through . . . kind of sort of. ;)

Might be able to upload "Nightshade" soon, though, so keep an eye out!