11: Masquerade Ball

*Next day.

Katy's POV.

I woke up today and I got up and got dressed and went downstairs and saw everyone.

"Hiya!" I say.

"Good morning" everyone says at the same time.

"What in the......." I say as they all start laughing.

"You guys are so weird!" I say.

"Thank you!" Ava says.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" Jared ask as I nod and we walk into the other room.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Well, there's a masquerade ball tonight to celebrate Emma and my return. I was wondering if you wanted to come?" He asks.

"I would love too! what time do I need to be there?" I ask.

"Well, I have to go in about ten minutes, but the ball is at six" he says as I look t the clock and its 4:15.

"Alright, but can Ava and Nick come?" I ask.

"Of coarse! well, I gotta go but I'll see you at the ball right?" he asks.

"Wouldn't miss it"

"Hey, can you take Nick with you? so me and Ava can decide what to wear" I ask.

"Sure" he says as he walks into the kitchen and explains everything to Ava and Nick. after the boys leave me and Ava run to my room and cast a spell which turns my room into a giant walk in closet with dressing rooms and dresses, shoes and jewelry.

"Wow!" I say as me and Ava start looking at all the dresses.

"Try this one on!" I yell at Ava as I toss her a green dress.

"You have to try this one on!" she says as she throws me a dress that's white on the top and black on the bottom. we both go and try our dresses on and then walk out of the dressing rooms.

"Oh my gosh! that dress looks gorgeous on you!" she says.

"Your dress looks amazing!" I say.

"Okay, what shoes are we wearing?" she asks.

"Well, these are what I'm wearing" I say picking up a pair of black converse.

"The dresses are so long that you can't see our shoes anyway" I say.

"Good point. I'm wearing these" she says picking up a pair of green converse. after we both put on our shoes we put on our best friend necklaces and fixed our hair. I pulled my hair up and so did Ava. when we where both ready we made our masks. mine was black with feathers and Ava's was green with sparkles. when we were both ready it was six fifteen. we transported ourselves to the ball and everyone was there. Ava saw Nick and walked over to talk to him. I walked over to the balcony where only a few other people where there. I stood at the edge of the balcony and watched everyone else dance until someone walked over to me.

"Hi" he says.

"Hi" I say.

"What are you doing up here all alone?" He asks.

"I'm waiting for someone" I say as he comes and sits down next to me.

"Who are you waiting for?" he asks.

"The prince" I say.

"You know the prince?" he asks.

"He's my boyfriend" I say.

"Oh. he's probably a stuck up snob and you parents are making you date him right?" he asks.

"Excuse me? I'll have you know that he is the greatest guy I've ever met and he is no where close to being stuck up" I say as he smiles and takes his mask off and I see it's Jared.