3: The Witches Castle

*Next day

Katy's POV

Me and the scarecrow just arrived at the witches castle and we are coming up with the plan to save Jared and kill the witch. we decide that he will create a distraction and I will sneak inside and find Jared. he runs over and creates the distraction as I run inside an look through almost every room until I find him.

"Katy?" he says.

"Jared!" I yell as I run and hug him and he hugs me back.

"How did you get here?" he asks.

"The scarecrow distracted the guards while I ran inside to find you" I say.

"You need to run!" He says.

"I'm not leaving without you!" I say.

"You have to! I have to stay here because if I leave the witch will know you were here and go after you and she could kill you!" He says.

"I won't leave you!" I say.

"Well isn't this cute?" I hear a voice say that I could recognize anywhere. I turnaround and see the witch standing there.

"Leave him alone! it's me that you want, not him!" I say.

"Don't worry I won't kill either of you" she says.

"Then why do you want us?" I say.

"I'm not going to kill you, I'm going to take your memories" she says pointing at Jared. oh no.

"Leave him alone! it's me you want not him!" I say.

"Actually dearie, his memories are much more valuable" she says.

"How?" I Ask.

"If he loses his memory then he forgets you, if you don't have him there to help you then you will lose faith in yourself and by losing faith you will lose your powers. don't you see? good always loses" she says.

"How will I lose my powers?" I ask.

"Your powers run on your belief, if you stop believing you lose your powers" she says.

"Katy, no matter what happens always believe that you can do anything, I will always believe in you" Jared says.

"What's gonna happen if you lose your memory?" I ask.

"Then you'll have to remember what I've told you" he says.

"Always" I say.

"Well isn't this touching? now if you wouldn't mind moving dearie I have some memories to inherit" Elphaba says.

"No, I won't" I say.

"Then I'll just have to take both of your memories" she says a she starts to cast a spell.

"Katy move!" Jared says as he pushes me out of the way.

"Jared!" I yell as the spell hits Jared and knocks him out, I run over to him and he seems fine.

"What did you do?!" I say to Elphaba.

"Simple, I took his memories" she says.

"Why do you want me to lose faith in myself so bad?!" I yell.

"Because, you are the only one who can stop me" she says I turn around and my hands start glowing again.

"This witch needs to see things a little more clearer, show me the portal and lock her in the mirror" I say as a mirror and and the portal back to munchkin land appear, the witch get pulled into the mirror and can't escape.