9: Ava and Nicolas

*Next day.

Katy's POV.

I woke up today and started jumping around singing. I run downstairs dancing around and smiling. mom and dad are looking at me like I'm insane.

"Good morning" I say.

"Good morning to you too miss perky" mom says as I smile.

"I'm gonna go find Jared, I'll be back later!" I yell as I run outside. I run around until I run into someone and we both fall down. I look and see Ava.

"Sorry Ava!" I say as I stand up and help her up.

"It's okay. hi Katy" she says.

"Hey!" I say as she laughs.

"Someone's in a good mood I see" she says.

"Yep! and I honestly don't know why" I say.

"I'm guessing your looking for Jared?" she says.

"Yeah, have you see- wait a second, how do you know that I call him that?" I ask suspiciously.

"Whenever you and him told everyone at the town hall me and Nicolas walked by the town hall and heard. but don't worry we didn't tell anyone" she says.

"Thank you for not saying anything" I say.

"Your welcome. come on Jared is hanging out with Nicolas" she says as we start walking. When we see the boys we walk up and see they're looking at something.

"Whatcha doin'?"I say walking up behind Jared.

"Nothing!" he says as he hides something behind his back and I see Nicolas tell Ava something.

"Hey Katy lets go do something!" She says as she grabs my arm and starts walking.

"What was that all about?" I ask.

"Don't know, Nick said that they needed us to go do something while they went to get something" she says.

"Okay. what do you want to do?" I ask.

"Don't know what do you want to do?" she asks.

"I have an idea! follow me!" I say as I run into the forest and Ava follows me. when we run far enough into the woods I stop and look at Ava.

"Watch this!" I say as I wave my hand in the air and it starts to snow.

"That's awesome! and to tell you the truth, I kinda have some magic" she says.

"What?! what can you do?" I ask.

"Well, I don't know I've never tested out my powers before" she says.

"Then try them out!" I say as she waves her hand in the air and flowers start to sprout.

"Well that's awesome!" I say.

"Come on, lets go find the boys bestie" she says.

"Lets go, bestie" I say and then we both start laughing. I stop for a second and Ava gives me a puzzled look.

"Something wrong?" she asks.

"I have an idea" I say as I wave my hand over me an Ava and then best friend necklaces appear around our necks.

"Oh my gosh these are so cute!" she says as we start walking again. I look at the sky and the sun is setting.

"Oh man! I have to be home soon. my dad is leaving for some trip he has to go on" she says.

"Why don't you ask your dad if you and Nicolas can stay at my house and I'll see if Jared can come over" I say.

"Really?! that will be awesome! I'll ask my dad" she says. we walk for a while longer and then we get to her house and she runs inside to ask her dad. after a minute she comes back out smiling.

"He said yes!" she says.

"Awesome! lets go find the boys" I say as we start walking. When we see the boys I run up to Jared and he picks me up and spins me around.

"Hey" I say when he puts me down.

"Hi" he says as Ava tells Nick that they are staying with us.

"There's something I meant to ask you" I say.

"Yeah?" he says.

"Ava and Nicolas's dad is going on a trip and they're staying with me. I was wondering if you wanted to stay too" I ask.

"Sure. I'll have to ask Emma but I'm sure she'll be fine with it" he says.

"Alright, we'll see you at my house later I guess" I say as he waves and leaves.

"You guys ready to go?" I ask as they nod and we go back to my house. When we get there I tell mom and she says it fine for them to stay.

We walk to my room and I stop at the door.

"Hold on, Ava I need your help. I need you to help me cast a spell that will make this the coolest room ever!"

I say.

"Okay!" she says as we both cast the spell. when I look at the room and the walls are black and with a flat screen and a white couch with a glass coffee table covered in boards games and controllers for an Xbox 360 that was sitting under the tv with somewhere around twenty games. we all start walking around the room and staring at everything. after we're done staring like idiots we decided to play candy land.

"Hi" I hear Jared say as he walks in the room and sits down next to me.

"Hiya!" I say as everyone starts laughing.

"What?" I ask.

"You!" Ava says.

"What about me?" I ask.

"Your so happy all the time!" Jared says.

"Ohhhhh" I say as everyone laughs. After a little while everyone fell asleep watching tv and talking. this was an awesome day. I think to myself as I fall asleep.

*same day - 4:15 am.

Katy's POV.

I woke up in the middle of the night and heard talking downstairs. I walk downstairs and see mom and dad talking but they haven't noticed me.

"What are we going to do? we can't tell Katy" mom says.

"True. but the ogres could hurt someone" dad says.

"Ogre?" I whisper to myself.

"We need to be careful. if she finds out there's no telling what se might do. well, we will figure it out tomorrow" dad says as he and mom start to walk towards the stairs and I run up the stairs as fast as I could back to my room. I run into my room and pretend I'm asleep. I hear the door open and then close.

"Katy?" I hear Jared say and I look up and see he's awake.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"What are you doing awake?" He asks.

"I heard a noise downstairs and went to see what it was" I say feeling nervous about the ogre mom and dad talked.

"Are you okay?" he asks sitting down next to me.

"Um, yeah" I say.

"Katy, I've known you for years, something's wrong" he says.

"Mom and dad were talking about the ogres. I think there back" I say feeling like I'm about to cry.

"Hey, don't worry, everything will be fine" he says putting his arm around me.

"I'm really scared. what if the ogre destroy the village" I say.

"Then we'll build a new one. everything will be okay. now go back to sleep, you never know what may happen tomorrow" he says.

"Alright. but I'm not moving" I say as I start to fall asleep next to him.

"Goodnight Katy" he says as we both fall asleep.