Age-11 Chapter 4: Cloud

Dear Diary,
Today was an ordinary day of studying. It gets pretty lonely when I don't have anybody my age to play with.

This is my first entry and I don't have anything interesting to write.
--------------------
I put my diary back in drawer and went to bed. Or at least tried to.

No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't fall asleep. I just kept on wish that two years will go by already. I'm excited and scared at the same time.

<The Next Day>
I was in the middle of listening to my dad while he talks about how to use different kinds of magic tools when the house started to shake.
"An earthquake?! Lyra grab on to something!" My dad shouted. I hurried and grabbed on to a lamp that was connected to the wall.

After a few seconds pasted the house stopped shaking

"Master and Lady Lyra! Are you okay?!" Willow slammed the door open.
"We're fine Willow. But what happened?" My dad replied.
"We don't exactly know yet. The house started shaking when a little boy that I think is around Lady Lyra's age appeared."
"A boy?!" My dad said, dumbfounded at the thought of a boy causing the house to shake.

"Yes, we brought the boy inside. Would you like to meet him?" Willow asked.
"Yes of course. Lyra you stay here." Dad and Willow walked out of the room. I wonder who that boy is?

<three minutes later>
I've grown impatient and snuck out to listen in on them. I saw a boy with red hair and green eyes. Is that Cloud?!
"Who are you?" My father asked. The boy did not speak. My father asks the same question again. The boy continues to not speak.

I walk in the room and father tells me that I should go back. I refuse and turned to the boy.
"Hello." I gave him a smile. The boy was dressed in rags. He gives me a cold glare. "I'm Lyra Ash of the Ash family."

"And who may you be?" The boy glare lightens. I smiled and grabbed his hand. "Are you perhaps, hungry?" I wiped the dirt of his hands. His eyes widen. That must be a yes.

"Willow!"
"Yes my lady. What do you need of me."
"Can you prepare some food for our guest?"
"O-our guest?!" Willow was startled, but she continues to do has she was told. I turn back to the boy and asks,
"Can you please tell me your name? I would prefer to call you by your name." To my surprise, the boy answered.
"M-my name is, Cloud," So he is Cloud. "Cloud Flint."

Willow came back in with food and a change of clothes. Cloud ate the food and washed up and changed. Then he came back and we talked again.
"You said your name is Cloud yes?" He nods his head. "Father, doesn't the name Cloud Flint reminds you of anything?"
"Cloud Flint. Now that you mention it. FLINT! Cloud Flint is a son of the Flint Family. So your the son of Duke and Duchess Flint." My dad said in a very surprised tone.

"If I remember correctly, I heard that Cloud was abducted and has gone missing for a week now." I said.
"That explains your rags." My father has seem to have given up on investigating the "earthquake" accident. And so have I.

I took Cloud to the garden. We sat down next to each other. Cloud continues to be silent.
"Why do insist on not speaking?" Cloud in the game was a cheerful, sweet and kind guy. Unlike the Cloud he is now.
"What is there to talk about?" What a surprising answer.
"Nothing. I guess if you want to, your always welcome to say whatever you want." He turns away and I hear him mutter something.

Cloud turns back to face me and in his hands are red roses. He hands them to me with a smile.
"T-thank you." I was astonished that he could use magic already. He was better suited to be a knight with his amazing physical strength. And his skill to quickly adapt to any weapon he uses.

Dear Dairy,
I met Cloud Flint today. He seems like the silent type from what I've seen. Unlike what his personality is in the game. He surprisingly knows how to use magic. He made me a bouquet of flowers. What a character he is.

<the next day>
Dear Diary,
Today we took Cloud back to the Flint manor. He gave me another bouquet of flowers. I don't see his need of doing so but I accepted them anyway.

Father talked about how I handled the situation and became somewhat of a friend to Cloud. Duke and Duchess Flint was so amazed that they invited me to come over sometime. By there expressions I could tell that they were a little bit too amazed. They must of heard the rumors of me being a spoiled brat and heard that I was a refined young lady also. Now they now which one I am.

That's all the really interesting things that happened. I'm still wishing that two years will pass by already.

"And two years later, the world did a 360 degrees flip on me."
-----------------------
How did you enjoy this chapter? Are you intrigued with Cloud? Or do you need me to add a more interesting part to his backstory?

It would be great if you guys could tell me how you feel about the Diary entires. I personally like them because they make writing this story easier. Should I keep including them in or not?

"Chapters in progress of getting longer." A robotic voice said.

And for those of you who have been reading this story since the beginning, I thank you. I'm so happy that this story was interesting enough that you didn't drop it!

I've decided to take a break on my other story so I could update more on this story. Then when I feel comfortable, I'll take a break on this one to focus on the other story. So now I can try to update at least twice every week!

The thing that I put at the end of last chapter "See ya next week~!", yeah just forget that it ever happened.

This chapter got out pretty fast because I remember seeing that someone commented on a chapter that they wanted me to update tomorrow. Right after I updated. I like granting wishes and I love writing this story! So it's a win, win for both of us!

See ya next chapter~!