Chapter 13

You sat at the bar, stirring a virgin Pina Colada rhythmically as your coworkers celebrated around your. "Another round Grillby! Today was a huge success!" A guard named Doggo called. "To our favorite brute, the Negotiator!"

You rolled your eyes and flipped him the birdie. "Whatever Doggo! I just got a bad reputation." You paused a moment then smirked. "But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy knocking heads where needed."

A thunderous roar rolled over the room and dissolved into groups as alcohol passed around. Frisk sat beside you joyfully munching on his burg with a tall glass of chocolate milk, special request from you to Grillby. He looked at you happily and grinned. "Wow, you really fit in huh?" He gawked. "You're a part of the family now!"

"Whatever it takes to contribute my share." You agreed, ruffling his hair.

"You've done a lot more than your share." A new voice but in. "At this rate you won't need to stay at our place anymore."

You looked back and smiled coyly at your short blue friend. "What are you talking about Sans? You trying to kick us out?"

He chuckled, shrugging as he sat on your other side. "Well I'm just saying." He teased. "It's only been 'bout six weeks and you've shot up through the ranks. The whole Negotiator thing has caught on too. Paps and I ran into some crooks earlier and I heard 'em talking about how you were such hot stuff. Of course when I stepped in, their words became quite different. Funny how fear is so effective in getting information."

"I already knew that." You laughed. "My negotiations aren't always peaceful."

Your eyes glanced to Frisk and you rushed to correct yourself. "Of course that's only when I can't talk through the problem."

He smiled innocently and you sighed. Frisk had seemed happier since you settled into the skelebros' home. He hadn't had another attack since the time he bit you. Funny how the most violent environment kept his violent side at bay.  

"Wow..." You mused. "A month and a half ago I was as hostile as a rabid wolf, now I'm known for solving situations without throwing a single punch." You snickered. "Funny how so little time changed me so much."

"Yes Kitten! Now you are the second most amazing person in our household, second only to I, the Great Papyrus, of course." Paps boasted proudly.

You laughed, nodding happily. Whoops and hollers echoed loudly throughout the bar. Tonight was a celebration of your latest success, a deal make with an exceptionally hard bargain between Asgore's gang and the Temmie crew. You never expected such an adorable creature to be so stubborn in its say. But after hours of negotiations and explanation, you were able to make an acceptable deal and Asgore once again was pleased by your work. Tonight he agreed to pay all the tabs we had at the bar, Sans' own tab not included due to its extensive amount owed. 

Tonight was a night of camaraderie and drinking. It was a happy time. Even Asgore and Toriel made their appearances, not together though. You couldn't help but flashback to the images Gaster had shown you. Thinking that they had been so torn was a pain,  but nothing a meal couldn't soothe. You watched from your tall bar stool over the swaying crowd of rejoicing. The grin on your face for once wasn't faked. You felt free for the first time, forgetting your past and enjoying the moment. You beamed like a fool, almost not believing this was real. 

Sans looked at your smiling face and he visibly seemed to relax. It was as if seeing you happy was enough to make him happy as well. You glanced at him, eye glimmering with blissful tears. He froze with you as you locked gazes. You didn't expect it, maybe it was the buzzing atmosphere, but watching his eyes made your heart race. It was as if looking at his gaze released a million race horses in your chest, all of them trampling your lungs and leaving your breathless. Blue painted his skull just as your own face lit up red. You both looked away hurriedly and your continued to stir your drink.