Chapter 1

Motion sickness rocked you as you reappeared in a new location. The furnishing around you seemed to be the usual setup. A couch against the main wall, a curio containing small items, and a piano tucked into the corner of the room. You set Frisk down as you tried to collect yourself. Sans chuckled and walked around you, Papyrus close on his heels.

"Stay here humans! I shall gather you some refreshments!"

You nodded and leaned against the couch, a hand massaging your oncoming headache. Frisk stood next to you, staring at you. You smiled gently and he signed at you. 'Are they going to be our masters?' He asked.

You shrugged and squatted so you were on his eye level. You signed back. 'I don't know Frisk. We'll see how this works out.'

The tall skeleton returned with a two cups and a small tray. You took the cups and sipped at its contents before handing one to Frisk. He took his cup happily and drank heavily. You too drank it happily after you confirmed it was water, though you drank in sips so he wouldn't have to run back for more right away. You looked at the tray and saw a small bowl of individually wrapped candies. You took one that looked like a butterscotch and handed another one to Frisk. Papyrus smiled apologetically and laughed.

"I apologize for the lack of choices, but I've never catered to humans before. Monster children seem to like candy so I guessed you might." Papyrus explained.

You smiled and nodded, popping the candy into your mouth. Frisk followed your actions. You ruffled his hair and picked him up, holding him like a stuffed animal. He seemed to enjoy it. After crunching loudly on his candy, he yawned and leaned against you, closing his eyes. You flipped the hardcandy in your mouth and sighed.

You signed to Papyrus how you needed a place for him to rest. He nodded and took your free hand, leading you through the home. You looked around as he led you, looked at old photos and admiring the old-theme throughout the house. He brought you to a flight of stairs and looked back at you. His eyes fell to your thin legs and he turned.

You started to sign but were interrupted as he lifted both you and Frisk up. You rolled your eyes but let him carry you the way up. After setting you down, you looked at a solid oak door. He opened the door for you and you marveled at the neat room.

"We only have the one room but you are free to occupy my room as you see fit." Papyrus reassured.

You shook your head and signed. 'We'll be okay with the one room.'

He smiled triumphantly and left. You entered the room and laid your sleeping companion on the bed gently. It was only a twin-sized bed but it was bigger than you'd ever encountered on your memories. You placed the one pillow beneath Frisk's head and tucked the blankets around him. He snuggled into the warmth and a quiet sigh left his mouth.

You smiled and pet his hair silently as you watched over him. Eventually your candy was gone and you felt restored, though drowsiness tugged at you. You curled into a ball in the mattress, leaving the blanket to Frisk. After all, he still had a chance of an okay life. You slipped into a light slumber, your breaths becoming soft as you bent to its will.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quieting sobbing grew louder and louder as the heavy arms of sleep fell away from you. You sat up and looked for the source of the small cries, landing only Frisk. In his sleep he cried. It had become a normal occrance. You sighed and took the small boy in your arms, enveloping him in a hug.

Softly, your voice melted into the hair in a silky tone. You began to sing a well-known lullaby your mother would sing to you. It always calmed him down.