Chapter Thirty - Homecoming

Back in Vastos, Michael and Illios make their trek to Mt. Ramial. They travel through a lush forest, filled with an ambiance of birds humming and various beings making sounds in rhythm. They arrive in an open field. Michael looks up at the night sky. He sees a mural or lights that don't form the constellations he know.

"We camp here," Illios says. "We have one more day before we arrive."

Michael lay on the ground continuing his gaze on the heavens. "So what happened to you? What's your story?"

"Have you heard of the story about the Formless One?" Illios asks also getting on the ground.

"No."

"Millennia ago the Progenitors came to be. Each was without form. To contain their power they personified. But one could not do such a thing. It tried to live among the Progenitors, but its power for so strong, it started to affect everything. The First Ones began to fight over the smallest thing. They tried to maintain and ignore. But the Formless One created warriors."

"The Corrupted Warriors?"

"Yes. The Progenitors had to stop it, for it was becoming too dangerous. The only way to handle the Formless One was to give it form. They searched far and wide. But no container could hold it. No confinement could keep it still. They decided to look to the vastians. They needed one who was pure. That one was me."

"How did you end up in the chest?"

"The Formless One was too great for me to handle at first. I believe it was angry at that time. So to protect all of creation, they locked me in the chest."

"That sounds like a sad way to leave for all those years," Michael says turning on his side.

"It was at first. I nearly lost my mind several times. But thinking about the day I would return home helped me out a lot."

"I'm glad you're back. I would have hated to fight you."

"I agree, my friend. Have a goodnight. If we get up early enough, we can make it to the mountain by sun's pinnacle."

"Night." Michael heads to sleep.

~~~

At the hospital, Desmond slowly opens his eyes to the sight of Thun hovering over him

"Hey, Lightning King! We survived!"

"Not so loud. I have a pounding headache. Wait, we lived!?"

"Yea. The contract is complete!"

"Does that mean I don't get anymore?"

"Nope. From here on out we just get stronger together," Thun makes a muscle. "Oh, also, you have this sick new look!" Thun shows him a mirror.

"What the." Desmond sees dark blue streaks running down cheeks. He looks into his rainbow colored eyes. He stares at his hands seeing the same dark blue color running from them and up his arms. "Wait, what is this!? I look freaking cool!"

"Right? I'm not sure yet, but I'm assuming they conduct our new energy. But for now, rest. I mean it. We can try our new power tomorrow. Ok?"

"Oh heck yea," he says with glee.

~~~