Chapter Three - The God of Drunkard and the Vanity PT1

One week earlier

A man makes his way through a crowd of paparazzi. Flashing lights and questions bombard him as he walks to his limo. After waving to them, he gets in.

"Driver, take me home," he says as he closes the door. He looks across from him to see a person with long black hair, a black dress and an umbrella across their lap. "Who are you and why are you in my limo?"

"Who I am isn't important, sweet dear. I'm here to make an offer to you and Van'El. According to our sources, you've increased your feeding from one to two people a month to five to six people. This poses a serious concern to our group, The Dark Order. Fortunately for you, we want to invite you to join our family."

"Excuse me, miss, I don't know what you're talking about."

"You will not address me as miss or mister. You will simply listen. You have one week to respond to us. We will show you some leniency because of your potential strength. We also recommend you stop your excessive feeding. If you disobey us, we will only grant you one warning. If you run, we will kill you."

"Look, stranger, I think you have the wrong person."

"One week." The stranger vanishes from the limo.

Drake sat there astounded by the ultimatum, while a dark mist envelops his body. "Will you pull off already!?"

~~~

Several days later

"You know Antioch, I had a feeling that not everyone we asked would be on board for this crusade. I also accepted that Bishop wouldn't join us. But I have a real serious question to ask: why is he following us to Anex!?"

"I simply needed a ride from New Donavan. Since we all had to leave together, it only made sense to leave with you." Bishop replies calmly.

"That would make perfect sense except you said you would get out at the first town after New Donavan. That was three towns ago!"

"I've always wanted to visit Anex. Master Lee always said, 'Let your path be a combination of plan and impulse.'"

"BS. I saw how your eyes twinkled when Thun mentioned Anex. I'm telling you right now. When we get there, you're on your own."

"You need to calm down and listen to the wise words of Master Lee," Antioch says. "He seems like a man who understands the ways of life."

Michael narrows his eyes as he gives Antioch a rigid glare.

"Stop staring at me bright eyes. You're making me blush."

"I'm done!" Michael turns his attentions to the passing road, while Antioch chuckles to himself.

~~~

The group enters Anex. Immediately they see jumbotrons displaying fashion ads and movie trailers. Paparazzi gather outside a well known restaurant, taking pictures of movie stars in front. Further up the street they see an action sequence being filmed. Soon afterwards, they face a line of cars, honking horns, and raging compatriots.

"Great. Now I get to spend more time cramped in the car after spending an hour getting here," Michael says.

"Hey Desmond," Antioch calls. But the biker is bobbing his head to music. The God of Judgment snaps his fingers, ending the sound in his earpieces and prompting him to check his music player. "Hey, I wanted to know about your boxing. How long have you trained?"

Desmond looks over at Antioch and takes off his earphones. "I was an amateur boxer in my teen years. But some jackhole Charlie tried to screw everything up for me. After teaching him a lesson I decided it wouldn't be worth the hassle if I ran into more like him."