Look at me I am hideous.

• Dedicated to all those people who have been affected by injuy and burns

I just lifted my eyelids after pretending to be asleep when the nurse gently shoke my shoulders to wake me up.

"Hi Yindan. How are you today? Good?" the nurse said. I shook my head. "Well...Anyway, you get to have a new home today. There are lots of girls and boys there so I am sure you will make lots of friends. But right now we must take you for your morning walk." I stared at her blankly. How can she say that I will make friends. I mean look at me I am hideous, burn scars everywhere, half of my hair singed off, my eyes vacant and dark, who would like me??

As I am getting dressed and walked down to the main reception i contemplate how long I will last at this orphanage, how long until they send me off somewhere else. Maybe I could stop eating and starve myself or maybe I could stash my medication and then give myself a lethal dose. I sighed as they started my walk to the park. I walk 200 metres with the nurses and 300 by myself but with a tracker anklet so I don't run off. This time once I got to the 200 metre mark, the nurse let me go but either forgot or thought that I would be ok without my anklet today.

She was wrong.