3.0. Please don't bite

3 weeks later Barry and Joe were standing at a crime scene to examinate the dead body that was laying in front of them.

"Miles Brown. His wife found him this morning when she was getting to work" Joe pointed out.

"He was choked" Barry said, pointing at his neck, where a dark red line was resting. "But it hasn't been a rope. It's too weird of a shape for that".

"You mean more like a snake?" Joe asked. Barry nodded.

"But that's not all, there are bite marks all of the body. 2 little dots close to each other" Barry spoke.

"So, we're literally talking about a snake? or more snakes".

"I don't know, I'm taking a blood sample to S.T.A.R. labs, maybe they can find something unusual" Barry replied.

"Good idea, I'll handle it over here. You go and I meet you there in a bit" Joe said. Barry glanced and speeded off.

"Barry!" Quinn exclaimed as the speedster came to a halt in the Cortex. All the papers that were laying on the desk could now be found in the air or on the ground.

"I'm still serious about getting paper weights" Caitlin said.

"Can you run a test on this sample. See if there is anything suspicious about it? Maybe venom?" Barry asked, handing the tube with blood over to Caitlin.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be right back".

Barry smiled and turned to Quinn and Cisco. "So, how are you guys doing today".

"Fine, I guess" Quinn glanced, she looked at the papers she was holding and shook her head when she saw that they weren't in order anymore.

"So... what are we working on?" Barry asked.

"Job applications, girl's gonna have to make money somehow" Quinn replied.

"Reprogramming our firewall, since this fair lady over here hacked into it and told me it sucked" Cisco sarcastically smiled.

"Hey, the fact that it's crappy is not my fault".

"You're evil" Cisco said.

"I know, thanks for reminding me".

"Hey, Quinn. Do you wanna go train or something?" Barry quickly asked. Cisco looked up and slowly turned his head to Quinn.

"Yeah, sure why not. Can always use some extra, right?". The girl stood up. Cisco again couldn't help but be jealous. He envied Barry, he had the superpowers, the charmes and he was going to get the girl. Quinn was never going to be his, because he was plain and boring and nothing like Barry. Cisco hated it.

"Good luck, Mr. Firewall" Quinn playfully joked, ruffling Cisco's hair as she stood up. Barry followed her out of the Cortex and Cisco softly smiled at the nickname.

"You like her don't you?" Caitlin asked, as she came to sit beside him

"You like her don't you?" Caitlin asked, as she came to sit beside him. Cisco huffed and glanced.

"Yeah, I do. Ever since she walked in here, I can't stop thinking about her".

"I had the same with Ronnie, the day he walked in... I was sold" Caitlin sadly sighed. Cisco placed his hand on Caitlin's shoulder and smiled.

"You don't need to, I understand".

"I'd ship you two. You're cute together" Caitlin laughed. 'Yeah, but Quinn and Barry look cute as well ' Cisco thought.

-

"So you want to throw a lightning bold at me?" Quinn asked as she stood a few meters away from Barry.

"Yeah... And you're going to block it with whatever element you want to use" Barry replied.

"Ready?" Quinn asked as she placed her foot steady on the ground.

"Game on" Barry smirked

"Game on" Barry smirked. He started to speed around in circles. Quinn's eyes were hurt by the light but she stayed focused. A yellow gold lightning bolt came her way and she pushed her hand forward. The bolt was met by air and it clashed into a big explosion, sending both Barry and Quinn into the air. Once the smoke had dissolved, both of the meta-humans came to their feet.

"Note to ourselves, let's not do that ever again" Barry said, removing the mask from his face and scratching the back of his neck.

"I totally agree with that" Quinn sheepishly smiled. Cisco's voice sounded through the communication system.

"Are you alright? What happened? It sounded like something exploded".

Quinn tapped her bracelet and spoke.

"It did. We're fine though... Now we also know that Barry's lightning bolts and my air cause an explosion".

"Oh... Better don't do that again, okay... We don't want a pissed off Dr.Wells". Cisco's voice was replaced by Caitlin's.

"Barry, come upstairs. You're sample is analyzed. You're gonna be surprised by what I found".

A few seconds later Barry and Quinn were both in the Cortex. Caitlin handed over the tube with blood.

"You were right, it indeed is venom. Snake venom to be exact. To even be more specific the venom of a Philippine Cobra. One of the most dangerous and deadliest snakes alive. One bite and you're dead in 24 hours, not given the right antidote" Caitlin said.

"What does a Philippine Cobra do out on the streets all by itself? Aren't those things kept safe somewhere, before they kill innocent citizens..." Quinn asked.

"Correct. You can hardly find them in wild, but just out on the streets. No, it has to be something else. Maybe it's a robot" Caitlin replied.

"I think.... That we're dealing with a meta-human who can control snakes" Cisco grimaced.

"I think you might be right" Barry responded.

"Well, let's find out who our new meta is" Dr. Wells said as he came walking in.

-x-

Enjoy!