Jade hummed along to the song, that sounded a bit like a Christmas song even though it wasn't one, as she buckled herself up for the ride.

"First stop: Raison D'etre!" She exclaimed happily.

At the café.

We sat by a table near the window, enjoying a big breakfast. Soft piano music was playing in the background, making the atmosphere in here very relaxed.

"Why are we eating breakfast here when we could eat at home?" I asked curiously.

"Because today is all about me and you. I don't have much time on my hands as it is now and with Sam on the loose, it'll be even harder for me to find time for us. So this day is all about enjoying each other, to have fun and just be together" she said softly.

"So this day is like a Jerrie-day?" I asked calmly.

"Exactly. No Lesy, no Jadesy, no Leighade, no Lerrie and no Pesy. Just Jerrie" she smiled.

"Sounds good to me, baby" I giggled.

Jade placed a tender kiss on the back of my hand. After the sweet gesture, she squeezed it as she let her brown eyes wander across the half-empty café.

But then, all of a sudden, she stopped looking around. The grip of my hand tightened significantly and the colour in her face was drained.

She turned as white as a sheet, looked like she was going to pass out right here and now.

"Darling, what is it?" I asked anxiously.

"Not now, Perrie" Jade said, completely caught up in whatever it was that had her attention.

Wanting to find out what had changed her mood so abruptly, I turned around in my chair and looked at where she was looking.

Figuring out it was the telly that had her attention, I decided to listen to what the good looking male reporter had to say.

Apparently a nineteen-year-old girl called Stephanie O'Connor had disappeared last night, when she was out clubbing with her friends.

Last time she was seen was around 1:45 AM. No one had seen her since and her parents were worried sick, according to the police report.

"Sam is behind this."

The tension in Jade's soft voice made me look away from the telly. Looking into her eyes, I could see how the excitement she had had all morning was gone.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"100%. He killed Madison Miller as well" she said.

"Has that been confirmed? Because I haven't read anything in the paper" I said.

"I know Sam better than anyone else. He has this thing he does after he has killed his victim. If we don't find Stephanie before the sun goes down tonight, she'll be found dead in the morning" she said.

"You sound so sure" I said.

"Because I am sure. I already told you Sam killed Madison, he won't have a problem killing this girl as well!"

Jade's little outburst earned a few glances from the people next to us. Not wanting our table to be the center of attention, I grabbed ahold of both of Jade's hands and held them in a tight, reassuring grip.

"I know this upsets you and that you want to put your uniform on and start looking for Stephanie, but this is not your girl to save. Your colleagues are out searching for her, and they will find her. With Ben and Lauren back from their honeymoon, finding Stephanie will be a piece of cake" I said calmly.

"Every goddamn cop needs to be out looking. Her life is in danger, Perrie. And if she dies...I don't know if I can live with the guilt" Jade said, her voice near its breaking point.

"You don't have to live with any guilt at all, baby. Your colleagues will find her, I'm sure of it. Now, I'd like to continue the date with me girlfriend, would you like that too?" I asked softly.

"Yes, I'd like that" Jade said carefully.

She didn't look at the telly once after I had calmed her down. She focused on her food as she laughed in between a lame joke I just told.

I had her full attention again.

**

Half past 1 PM the zookeepers allowed us to go in and pat the penguins. Inside their ice cold cage, I bent down so I could try and hug them.

A penguin with a wounded wing wobbled its way up to us. An arm length away Jade opened up her arms with the intention to give the cutie a hug.

Sensing she was harmless, the wounded penguin headed to her. With a huge smile on her face, Jade greeted the penguin with an overenthusiastic "hiiii!" as she carefully pulled the animal into a hug.

Other penguins that saw what was going on with their fellow penguin-mate, got up from the pool and wobbled up to Jade and her new little friend.

In just a second they had surrounded her. They didn't seem like they wanted to attack her, instead they looked curious.

Jade, who was a huge animal lover, greeted them all the exact same way she had greeted the first one.

And as I watched her interact with the animals, I couldn't stop this thought from popping up in my head.

Seeing Jade like this made me want to make her something more than just my girlfriend. I could see her become my wife one day. I could see her as the mother to our children. I could see her as the one I'd grow old with.

I wanted to marry her. I had wanted that for the past two years, but not dared to go down on one knee and ask her for her hand in marriage in case she would say no.

But now, right at this moment, I knew that I had the guts to propose. I wasn't sure what caused me to feel so confident, I was just sure of my thing, that I would propose and that I would do it in a way she'd always remember.

Four hours later.

We had just left a fancy little restaurant in town where men went down on one knee every once in a while and proposed to their girlfriends.

Both me and Jade found it incredibly cute, and couldn't help but smile until our faces hurt. Witnessing a proposal was always something special, and it was even more special when you witnessed one with your partner.

Now we were standing by the stem of a small ferry, Jade's arms wrapped around my body as we soaked in the magical view of the sun setting over the city.

"Did you have fun today, Pezza?" Jade asked softly.

"Mad fun. Best Saturday I've had in a while" I said kindly.

"Me too" she said calmly.

She started to place tender kisses a little here and there. My heart fluttered when she kissed my neck.

I squeezed her hands, held back a moan since I didn't want the other passengers to hear me, as I thought to myself that this was a great way to end an amazing day.

________________________________________________________

Next chapter will contain some action :) Felt like writing a chapter like this first, all Jerrie, because I miss them so much </3

-