Chapter 9: Friends No More

•Hayley's Pov•
I'm really worried about Annie but I know the mysterious caller will upset her more if I tell her, I hate lying to her but it's for her own good, she has enough problems to deal with already. We got back to the hotel and Annie was silent the whole ride home, we took the elevator and Annie ran to the room, locking the bathroom door. I decided that she needed some alone time so I told my parents and Caleb that I was sure she wanted to be left alone at this point in time. Caleb and I turned on the tv onto Disney Channel and the movie 'The Parent Trap' was on, this is was one of my favourite original Disney movies. Caleb and I were laughing a lot, I walked over to the bathroom door and knocked lightly "Annie, 'The Parent Trap' is on, if you wanna watch with us" I said quietly and sat on the bed. I heard Annie's phone ringing, she answered it and I decided to snoop incase it was the mysterious caller, I heard Annie say "You called me like 30 minutes ago, leave me alone. I'm sick of you! I don't even know who you're so stop calling me names and being so fake" she started crying softly, is this the time I should tell her? I might wait till tomorrow, I was going to tell Caleb about this 'Mysterious Caller' "Caleb, over here" I whispered and he came over "What is it?" I whispered "This morning Annie got a call from an unknown number and I answered it because she was asleep and they were threatening her and calling her names, they also told her to back off from Hayden. The caller thought I was Annie and I heard them call her just then and apparently they also called her 30 minutes ago. I haven't told her yet because I'm too scared too and she has enough problems already. I also have no idea who it is but I have a guess who it could possibly be.." I sighed "No wonder why she told Hayden she couldn't be friends with him, she's too scared what's gonna happen if she tells anyone" I nodded "Exactly, what are we gonna do?" I looked at Caleb "Honestly Hayley, I don't know. Should we tell Mom and Dad or even Hayden? I agree with you about telling her later, but if she tells us about it then we must tell her" I nodded in agreement.
•Caleb's Pov•
It's just Annie, Hayley and I in the room, Mom and Dad went downstairs to the pool. I have no idea what we should do about this mysterious caller situation, I feel awful for Annie and Hayden too. He has no idea why they can't remain friends, but we need to set it straight with him before he moves on from Annie. I texted Hayden "I found out why Annie can't be friends with you but I need her permission to tell you, it's because someone else is telling her that she can't be. But I have no clue who!" I got a reply back straight away "Thank goodness, I just love her so much! I've been worried about her and what I possibly could've done" I showed Hayley the text messages "I can't say nothing otherwise he may never forgive her" she nodded in agreement.
•Annie's Pov•
I've been so tempted to tell Caleb, Hayley and Hayden about this mysterious caller. But the only thing stopping me is what might happen if I tell them. Something awful will happen, I can't imagine the worst thing that would happen. I decided that I'll tell Caleb and Hayley, but not Hayden. Just yet anyways. "Hayley, Caleb. Come here please" I said as I sat down on the bed beside them. "We need to talk, so today I received two mysterious phone calls. I'm not supposed to tell anyone but I can't just pretend nothing's wrong. They told me that I'm not allowed to be friends with Hayden anymore. I miss him so much and I can't stand wasting our days sitting here." I sighed of relief of finally telling them the truth. I sat there silently as they took it all in. I awaited a reply within a minute Caleb said "I'm just happy you finally told us the truth, Annie!" I smiled and he gave me a hug "Uh, Annie.. There's something you should know.." I heard Hayley quietly gulp "This morning when everyone was asleep, you received a call from the caller. They thought I was you.. They wanted you to stay away from Hayden but I just couldn't tell you. I'm sorry" she sighed tearing up a little. I accepted my little sisters apology and pulled her into a hug.
•Ms Katie's Pov•
Billy and I left the kids upstairs to chill and we went down to the pool. I'm super stressed and worried about Annie. She's never been like this, I wonder what has happened. I just can't forget about her and I need to find out what's going on, sooner or later. I told my thoughts to Billy, I can always count on him. He was concerned too, we just have no clue what has gotten into Annie lately. If she had a problem with anyone, which was rarely. She would pretend everything's fine, but this time is different. She's a nervous wreck and I wish we could help her get through this. It all started today once we got to bowling and she went over to Hayden and Mackenzie. Omg that's it. "Billy, it's Mackenzie! Think about it, since we got to bowling everything's been happening. That's when Annie started acting odd." He nodded "Well, I suppose so. You can't be 100% sure though, since you or I aren't Annie" I sighed "What are we gonna do with her? We can't just ignore this, Billy. She's my baby" he looked me in the eyes and held my hands "I know baby, but she's almost a teenager. She just needs time and space to think about all of this" I nodded in pity. We had a few glasses of wine and went back upstairs to our room. The kids didn't seem all that hungry so I just went down the street and brought some bread, peanut butter and jelly. Along with drinks and a couple of snacks. Everyone showered and had gotten into the pyjamas, I made sandwiches and gave the kids milk and we flicked through the tv channels for a movie to watch. We ended up choosing Toy Story 3. Once the movie started Billy made popcorn for all of us. The movie ended and it was getting late, I told the kids it was time to go to bed.