"I'll get you two passes," she said practically running out the door, I'm pretty sure we were both late by at least ten minutes. The nice receptionist knocked and popped her head back in, "you two can change in here." She added before closing the door.

My legs were still wet so I grabbed a few paper towels to wipe them off, before changing into my new skirt.

It felt weird, I never show this much skin, even if you could clearly see an inch of my shorts below my skirt. "Sorry about that, again," I said shyly as we both finished changing.

"It's fine and anyways a girl needs a dramatic event before she finds her new best friend," she said with a smile. "The horrible tale of the coffee stained skirts," she said dramatically, I liked her already. She put her right hand out, "I'm Sara Twilight." She said introducing herself.

I gladly accepted her handshake, "I'm Samantha Kate, but you can call me Sam. And I love your name by the way," I said shyly, I was that antisocial girl that sat in the back of the classroom.

"First off thank you, not many people say that, and secondly Sam? As in a guy's name," she said scrunching her forehead confused, I smiled and nodded.

"May I ask you something Miss Twilight?" Mrs. Humble asked, of course that's her name it suits her perfectly. They talked about something whispering something to each other, even thought I was fairly close I couldn't hear and I didn't want to because it was rude.

Instead I studied Sara, she was very pretty. Just a few inches below my height, which was currently 5 foot 8. She looked like a doll the way her hair fell past her elbows in black waves. She had dark brown eyes hiding behind glasses, which made her look like the perfect schoolgirl nerd.

I, on the other hand, looked more like a tomboy. Wearing the uniform, which consisted of a white and blue dress shirt and white cotton skirt, which hid the black tank top and black short shorts. I never leave the house in a skirt, but if I had to I always wore shorts under them. I wore thick-rimmed nerd glasses (for no reason, I actually have 20/20 vision), while Sara wore thin square ones. She was wearing black small high heels and I wore converse, what can I say I wear whatever I'm comfortable in.

Yet right now I tugged the skirt lower and tugged my shorts lower, I felt exposed and wanted to cross my arms over my chest and dart out of the school.

No, I will not run. It's my first day and I'm going to do my very best. I said cheering myself on in my head, I imagined myself excitedly jumping up and then someone taking a snap shot of me. I chuckled lightly but bit my lip. See in this school I didn't want to be that weird, awkward nerd in the back. I wanted to be the mediocre person sitting in the middle of the class, a no body, that's what I aimed for.

"Earth to Sam," Sara said waving her hand in front of my face.

I blinked loosing my train of thought, "Y-yes?" I stuttered.

"Come on I'm going to give you the tour and take you to your next class," she said grabbing my hand, only giving me enough time to grab my satchel before fast walking out the door.

"For a girl in heels you're fast," I comment as I caught up to her, readjusting the strap of my backpack.

"It takes practice," she said as she pointed out the library, then the second library, and then the computer room. I don't think I fit in with rich people, I thought blinking when I saw a Picasso painting in the art hall.

"Doesn't the principal usually show the new kid around school," I said spinning and looking up, where there were murals on the ceiling of the art studio. Now I wish I took art just to admire the paintings.