Excerpt

Excerpt from a later chapter~

Sam:

I tried not to think about where Ethan was, him being gone for the past three hours. As I recall he told me that he had some business to attend to and he would text me later, but it was later. I feel like I sound like an obsessing teenage girl but really, what kind of friend would I be if I didn't worry about him.

I shook my head and opened my door to my dorm room setting my backpack down beside my door and then I threw my phone on my nightstand. Looking at the clock I read in bright blue letters 10:58 pm. Thinking what I could do to in order to procrastinate sleeping I came up with taking a shower.

Grabbing black undergarments, a pair of dark red shorts, tank top, and a white towel I rushed into the clear white bathroom that was connected to my dorm. Turning on the water I stood in front of the mirror and just dozed off, letting my mind clear until the whole mirror was fogged. I heard a soft thud just outside the door but thought otherwise to check it out because I was already half undressed.

After I took a short but relaxing showered I finally turned off the water, my body shivering because of the cold air that surrounded me. I looked around the bathroom, it was too humid and foggy in here to change, so grabbed my clothes and I opened the door that lead to my room, but abruptly stopped.

There on my dark blue sheets was Ethan with numerous cuts on his arms and chest. I didn't even notice he was shirtless until I saw the long scratch mark above his eye; the cut above his eyes bleeding, leaving a trail of blood until it reached his hem basketball shorts. I was in shock and probably hyperventilating due to how much blood was on his body.

"I would say you look sexy wearing only a towel but then I'd be lying because you look hot everyday." He said quietly chuckling but it turned into a cough. My heart cried in agony for him, I stepped forward. "No, get dressed before you come near me, just in case." He said with a sly grin.

"I don't care if you see, you're bleeding to death over there," I shot back at him.

"Just throw something on," his eyes pleaded. How could I say no to him?

I glared at him just in case and turned around, putting my clothes on the dresser before slipping my undergarments on, while securely holding the towel above my chest. I heard Ethan take a breath, like he was about to protest, "If you think I'm leaving this room with you bleeding, by yourself, think again." I answered as I pulled my shorts on. "Now turn around or close your eyes." I waited a second before dropping the towel and yanking the tank top down.

I turned around and found Ethan with his hands over his eyes. I smirked before going into the bathroom, leaving the door open, and grabbing some towels and dampening them. Walking over to the bed I noticed that Ethan still had his eyes covered, laughing lightly to myself I commented. "You can look now, you dimwit."

He chucked but stopped when I climbed over the bed in order to get a better view of his cuts. "You don't need to do that, I heal faster than most," but I cut him off.

"Ethan I swear if you don't let me clean your cuts I will scream for help." He smirked but didn't complain as I cleaned the wound by his neck. "I don't want to press you to tell me everything but why is there so much blood?" I question just below a whisper.

"Don't worry most of it is the other guy's." He said smirking before he closed his eyes slowly.

"Go to sleep, I don't know why you're this badly hurt, trust me I want to know. But get some rest." I said slowly as I wiped the blood off his left arm, this is going to take some time...

After nearly thirty minutes of cleaning the blood off Ethan, he still had the cut by his eye. But he was telling the truth; there seemed to be hundreds of cuts on him but in reality there were only ten cuts with a lot of blood everywhere else. And in this situation I wouldn't want to see the other guy.

I leaned closer to his face as I cleaned the cut. It was a huge gash, but it seemed as if it was already closing. After wiping the blood away from his face I noticed just how much he looked like an angel while sleeping.

He didn't look like he didn't have a care in the world actually he looked like he had the whole world on his shoulders. His eyebrows creased together like he was thinking about something very important. I frowned to myself thinking he couldn't even relax while sleeping.

I got off the bed quickly and stealthily, gathered all the towels that I had used to clean him up with, and threw them in the laundry bin.

I was so sleepy I didn't even notice that I was making my way back to the bed, I didn't notice that I pulled back to covers, and I didn't notice that I snuggled closer to Ethan as my eyes fluttered closed and my mind cleared.

Read to find out the secrets Ethan is hiding!