The Proxies

Please note that in this chapter, the reader has autism. If you want more details of the readers symptoms, watch the video I have linked here. I have done this as I have close friends living with autism, and I want there to be more relatable content for people like them.

How You Meet (your pov)

I was lying in my bed one night. I climbed out because I was bored. I picked up my teddy and played with him. I heard a sound downstairs suddenly. I opened my door and tiptoed out. I heard 3 voices. "Damn it Toby! You broke a vase!" "I-It's not my f-fault! H-Hoodie bumper i-into m-me!" I kept walking. I saw 3 men. One had bright orange goggles. One was wearing a frown mask, and one had a lady face mask. "Who?" I said quietly. They all looked at me. The man wearing the goggles went aww. I walked towards them. "Uhh... Hi kid..." Said the one in the lady mask. "mask?" I said. He nodded. "Yes, I'm Masky. This is Hoodie and Toby, what's your name?" I looked down at my new socks. They're my favourite colour. "Uh... Kid?" "socks!" I heard a chuckle. "Yes, they're very nice socks. Now what's your name?" "Y/n!" I said. The man, Masky, laughed. Then I heard footsteps. I looked and saw daddy. Daddy walked towards me and grabbed my hair. The man named Masky grabbed a rock, Hoodie grabbed a gun, and Toby got an ax. Daddy raised his fist. Then Toby grabbed me. Masky and Hoodie pinned him to the wall. Masky raised his rock, and daddy laughed. "You wouldn't kill the last living relative of a child with Autism..." Masky laughed. "Try me." Toby covered my eyes. I heard daddy scream. I covered my ears. He was really loud. "Noise!" I cried. Toby covered my ears. "S-shh... It's o-ok l-little o-o-one..." He whispered. I calmed down after awhile. Masky picked me up. "Do you want to come live with us, baby girl?" "please!" I said. He smiled. "Ok baby sis, lets go." Masky carried me to my new home.

Attacked

You were going on a walk with your brothers. Masky was holding your hand because you tended to wander. While you were walking, you heard a twig break. Masky quickly picked you up. You hid your face into his chest as some wolves came out of the bushes. They started barking, which triggered you. "Noise!" You cried out. Masky shushed you and covered your eyes as Toby and Hoodie killed them. Hoodie then hugged you. "Shh... it's ok sweetie..." He cooed.

You Have A Nightmare

Hoodie tucked you into your bed and handed you your favourite stuffed animal. You were sucking your tiny thumb, when you had a nightmare about your dad. He was yelling and hitting you. You woke up and cried. Your brothers ran up with guns, rocks and hatchets. When they saw you were ok, they calmed you down and cuddled with you all night.

You Get Scared

Your brothers had bought you earmuffs that would help muffle noise. One day, you were at a playground playing in the sandbox. You were building a sandcastle when 3 older boys took your earmuffs off and started yelling. You cried out for your brothers. Needless to say, those boys never bullied one ever again. Well, they didn't bully anyone ever again...