Chapter Twelve

En başından başla

A sob escaped my lips as he told us everything.

My best friend, a person of my family, was about to die in front of me. Another person I would lose.

Suddenly the Kings followers forced us all to our knees. I struggled and tried to get free but it was no use. I had to watch as Darrick walked towards the King. Darrick walked closer to the King and the King grabbed him and forced Darrick onto his knees.

" You Darrick are sentenced to death, for the act of treason and murder against your own kind. Any last words? " The King asked.
" I love you guys, you are my family " Darrick said to us.

Suddenly Darrick's head was ripped off.

I screamed.

And then just as quick as they came, they were gone.

I stayed on my knees and sobbed. Alex ran over and pulled me into his arms.

" No. No. No. No " I kept sobbing.

Then, everything was gone.

-----------------------------

I sat up and looked around. I was in Alex's room.

" You ok? " I heard someone say.

I looked and saw Abigail and Nick standing beside me. I shook my head as I remembered what happened. Tears and to my eyes and I began sobbing again. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs. I couldn't take this.

Suddenly pictures came into my mind.

Memories.

Darrick walked into a blood bar. He sat down at a table and a waitress walked over. Suddenly a mouth water sent of blood filled the air. Darrick looked up and saw a beautiful lady standing there. She was tall, had long brown hair, green eyes and she was overall stunning.

" Mine! " Darrick yelled as he shot up and hugged her.
" Mine " She said back with a smile.

Darrick and the lady walked out of the bar and they got into Darrick's car. They drove to Darrick's house and walked inside. They sat down on the couch and talked.

" What's your name beautiful? " Darrick asked .
" Meredith " She answered.
" Well Meredith, I'm Darrick  " He said back.

Suddenly they were kissing. They quickly pulled away and Darrick spoke.

" Can I mark you? " He asked.
" Yes " She said.

Darrick grabbed his mate and marked her as his.

Suddenly the memory stopped and another one played.

Darrick was in the middle of the street, shaking with rage and anger.

" Darrick! " His mate yelled.

But he didn't hear hear her. All that flashed though his mind was the image of that man kissing his mate. Suddenly, he snapped.

The memory stopped and a new one began

Darrick found himself lying on top of a pile of vampire and human bodies. He looked down and his heart, soul, mind and life broke in half. There, lying on the ground, was his mate. Dead. Darrick screamed out in agony but there was nothing anyone could do. She was gone.

And then a new memory started.

" I want you to join the Wolf Slayers " The King said to Darrick.
" Will the others be vampires? " He asked.
" Yes " The King replied.
" Do they have mates? " Darrick asked.
" None of them have found their mates " The King answered.
" I will but if the others mates happen to show up then I want them to be let go. They get to stay with their mates without punishment " Darrick said.
" But if any other vampire, including yourself, is involved I will kill them " The King replied.
" Deal " Darrick smiled.
" Deal " The King agreed.

Then the memories stopped.

I had just witnessed one of my best friends life, the secret part one he never told us.

But I knew one thing

Darrick had given, and shown us these memories.